How Bad is Daniel Snyder? (1 Viewer)

Saint Jack

Super Forum Fanatic
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Dan Snyder has been the owner of the Washington team for two decades. He owns one of the most historic franchises that have three championships.
Since his ownership began, it’s been downhill.
That same historic franchise is 11 games away from going under .500 all time.

The Redskins have been irrelevant since Joe Gibbs left the first time. Snyder tried to get it back when he brought Gibbs back in the mid 2000s but the game had passed him by. What Gibbs did during his first stint was incredible---winning three Super Bowls with three different starting quarterbacks. I remember back in their heyday enjoying watching them play. Old RFK would be rocking for those NFC East games. After a touchdown, the band would lead the crowd in "Hail to the Redskins." It was great to see. That was all lost when they moved into Fed Ex Field. One of the podcasts I listen to is the CzabeCast and Czabe lives in DC so he does talk about the Skins a lot. From what I have heard, Snyder is not liked in Washington but there really is nothing that can be done. He continues to mismanage that team.

The Redskins have been irrelevant since Joe Gibbs left the first time. Snyder tried to get it back when he brought Gibbs back in the mid 2000s but the game had passed him by. What Gibbs did during his first stint was incredible---winning three Super Bowls with three different starting quarterbacks. I remember back in their heyday enjoying watching them play. Old RFK would be rocking for those NFC East games. After a touchdown, the band would lead the crowd in "Hail to the Redskins." It was great to see. That was all lost when they moved into Fed Ex Field. One of the podcasts I listen to is the CzabeCast and Czabe lives in DC so he does talk about the Skins a lot. From what I have heard, Snyder is not liked in Washington but there really is nothing that can be done. He continues to mismanage that team.

Gibbs was a good solid coach...but IMO Bobby Beathard was the best GM player/personnel guy in the NFL while he was there. When he left.... Gibbs left I believe the year after, he knew Casserly and his staff was not capable of providing an incredible pipeline of talented young players and saw the writing on the wall.

Beathard is also known as the guy who drafted Ryan Leif but many forget he also took Stan Humphries with him to San Diego and helped lead them to their first SB....

Dan Snyder may go down as the worst NFL owner in history. Through his meddling and "business decisions" greatly alienating a once great, loyal fanbase (their gameday experience which includes cost, transport, stadium facilities, food/drink, etc is ranked among the worst in the NFL)....And the scouting department is one of the most neglected areas of any NFL team, he has undermined and back stabbed more than a few decent coaches and player personnel experts....I have numerous friends who were life long Skins fans, that are pretty much indifferent to them now....you really could not have mismanaged, bungled, a franchise worse than this clown has....

Were it not for the timely good grace of Paul Allen (God rest his soul), Seattle would have been in the same predicament when then-owner Ken Behring loaded up the Seahawks front office into several semi-tractor trailers in the middle of the night and trucked it all down to LA.

Poor/pathetic ownership is such a HUGE albatross to hang from a franchise's neck.

Snyder's a wannabe Jerry Jones in every way shape and form, minus the actual football insight, media charisma and championships. As much as I despise everything Cowgirls related, theyve had success under Jones' ownership. Meanwhile, Snyder and the Skins are perpetually one the NFL's most consistent anual flops.

Snyder's a wannabe Jerry Jones in every way shape and form, minus the actual football insight, media charisma and championships. As much as I despise everything Cowgirls related, theyve had success under Jones' ownership. Meanwhile, Snyder and the Skins are perpetually one the NFL's most consistent anual flops.

They have had some success (recently) because Jerry Jones son has kept him out of the decision making process and let their personnel folks/scouts do their job.

They had the Dallas folks miked up during the draft that Manziel came out. JJ was pleading with his son over and over "I want Johnny Football, got to get Johnny Football", his son said we already have our guy that we have targeted, that guy was ND offensive lineman and perenial all-Pro Zach Martin...does anyone else remember watching this?

Point is the Boys success is due to JJ stepping away. Snyder started to do it when they brought in McGlouhan (and non coincidentally started to have some modest success) but he couldn't keep his hands out of the cookie jar (or something) and they railroaded SM out of town...and used their media hacks (Chris Cooley and company) to smear him publicly....

You can never say that the Saints ownership was that terrible like the Skins are right now. Even in our bad years.

Looks like they lost Reuben Foster for the season as well.

Mecom was the owner of the expansion Saints.
Snyder took ownership of one of the most successful franchises and turned it into a laughingstock.

That would be a good point we’re he the owner for 5 years or so but he owned the team for 18 years if memory serves and their best record during that time was 8-8 (or they may have had a 9-7 team under Bum? Can’t remember)

That would be a good point we’re he the owner for 5 years or so but he owned the team for 18 years if memory serves and their best record during that time was 8-8 (or they may have had a 9-7 team under Bum? Can’t remember)

No we never went over .500 with Mecom as owner. I think in 1979 we could have been 9-7 BUT we lost the last game of the year to the hapless Jets.

Mecom didn't care cause he was too busy hitting on hot chicks in Vero Beach. He only brought in Bum to put people in the seats. Mecom was satisfied enough just to be able to tell people he owned a football team. That's why the fans wore the schwegmann's bags originally. To get Mecom to sell the team.

Benson cared about winning. Brought in Jim Mora to usher the team into the modern era.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom