How bout Sir Charles and Big Will's play lately !!? (2 Viewers)

Caballero

Veteran Starter
Reaction score
...seems that they took it seriously when Coach Payton called them out. They've been playing with authority so far this season. Our whole D-line for that matter. I'm still waiting for a BIG play from Hargrove, but they're all playing lights out. I'm goin to New Orleans for the Giants game, and i'll do my part !!!!! WHO COOKS UP DA FUMBALAYA NEXT WEEK !!?? MCCray perhaps, Big Sed ?? Amazing how Greg Williams got these guys back in top form.....ok not necessarily visually, but productively !!!:ezbill:

Much improved. Finally contributing to the cause, and it is greatly appreciated.

Sir Charles and the Fresh Prince...

Who are these first round talents, and what have they done with Charles Grant and Will Smith?

Dare I say it: they are actually playing up to the value of their salaries.:9:

Everyone on our defense is playing better than last year.....gotta love the attitude that Gregg brought to this team, i think this is the missing piece to the puzzle

if they keep this up, the most dynamic end duos in the nfl.

Doesn't it seem like they are just having....FUN... under the Gregg Williams system. And enjoying success because of it!

What did Gibbs do to them??

Outstanding. Better late than never. It has to be a combination of health and scheme, because even when they weren't getting sacks, you could see the effort. I always gave them credit, but was angry at them for wanting so much money and for not being listed as ones who rework their contracts, but maybe the way their contracts were structured, it wouldn't benefit the team to restructure, being that restructure is basically giving them the same money, but dispersing it differently? That aside, Im happy they are finally starting to get the monkey off their backs.

I wonder if Peppers is really nonexistant, or if he is like Moss, just not really showing up because he doesn't see winning ways around him? I never seen the body language Julius Peppers is showing from Grant and Smith, and I never seen either get handled like Pepper is this season. They always seemed to get to the QB just a tad too late, which to me is more to do with schemes and injuries than effort-- which is what Julius Peppers is lacking. I think the Panthers were incredibly dumb for letting that guy hold their salary cap hostage. If they were smart, they'd trade him before the deadline.

It looks like they are finally starting to get it. I wasn't too impressed with them in the first two games, but these last two they have both played great. Maybe not having that Starcaps stuff lingering over them week to week has gotten their minds right. Also, being 4-0 and feeling like a legit SuperBowl contender has a way of getting the motor going...

I am particularly surprised in how Grant is playing. I knew that Will Smith had the ability to make plays, but i was pretty down on Grant. He just looked overweight and kind of sloppy, but he seems to be playing pretty well.

As if they needed any more motivation than to escape a 4 game suspension. That right there should be plenty of motivation to get your ***** in gear and start playing. I don't know if the decision is totally over with, but if its not then that is just more motivation to play as hard as you can while you can.

And Sed has been playing well too and the emergence of him is just going to make the DE's just that much better. And when you throw in that other teams are playing from behind they can just pin their ears back and get after it.

Personally I don't think they are playing harder or better than before..................they are finally getting help. Gibbs was the only one on the planet that thought you could rush 4 every time and get to the qb. Watch the great defenses and you will see that all of them help out the Dlines by blitzing.

Who are these first round talents, and what have they done with Charles Grant and Will Smith?

Much improved. Finally contributing to the cause, and it is greatly appreciated.

Doesn't it seem like they are just having....FUN... under the Gregg Williams system. And enjoying success because of it!

What did Gibbs do to them??

<O:p
I think everybody fails to realize that they are healthy. This, IMO, has just as much to do with their improved play as the scheme does. Add in the improved CB play and the confidence the guys are playing with, as long as they stay healthy, I see no reason why they cant feast on QBs the remainder of the season. If we can generate pressure and stop the run with our front 4 that will improve our pass coverage and allow actual blitzes to be more successful.<O:p</O:p
<O:p</O:p
</O:p

Personally I don't think they are playing harder or better than before..................they are finally getting help. Gibbs was the only one on the planet that thought you could rush 4 every time and get to the qb. Watch the great defenses and you will see that all of them help out the Dlines by blitzing.

False. The Vikings had more success using only 4 against Green Bay than when they blitzed (go figure that one out). The great defenses are the ones who can generate pressure without blitzing, and then become complete nightmares when they do blitz. The Saints are morphing into a great defense, which can only spell doom for the rest of the NFL.

Grant and Smith have without a doubt stepped up their play. They are playing with a new found passion and fire, and I'm loving it.

Ditto, it looks like they finally pushed the right buttons, whatever works.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom