How bout that horse collar.... (1 Viewer)

FLIPPY

Angler of the Year
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I guess NFL officiating makes up rules during the game....

Apparently this is a horse collar tackle now...
hb0vtqso3zkuedlxfuil.jpg

rtewtuxbkwoofm5zpl1s.jpg

Last edited:
One of many horrid calls:

1. Horse Collar
2. Push-off on Lewis
3. Taysom offensive PI
4. 4th and 1 spot
5. Missed blatant hold on GB on a sweep
6. PI on Cook's catch at the goal line not called
7. Seems like there was a ticky tacky PI call on us too that the announcers didn't agree with
8. And what happened to the uncatchable ball rule? The one where Rodgers sailed it way out of bounds and we got called for PI

There were probably more. And I certainly don't feel like going back and looking at the above calls to see how crucial they were. It just gets frustrating each game to see missed call after missed call. And even more frustrating when you KNOW that those same calls missed would've been called against us.

1. Horse Collar
2. Push-off on Lewis
3. Taysom offensive PI
4. 4th and 1 spot
7. Seems like there was a ticky tacky PI call on us too that the announcers didn't agree with
8. And what happened to the uncatchable ball rule? The one where Rodgers sailed it way out of bounds and we got called for PI

There were probably more. And I certainly don't feel like going back and looking at the above calls to see how crucial they were. It just gets frustrating each game to see missed call after missed call. And even more frustrating when you KNOW that those same calls missed would've been called against us.
That PI when the ball was clearly overthrown was the last straw. I got to the point where I was just laughing as the game went on. The NFL has become such a joke on what they present as what's supposed to be a high quality product...

Teams are now using the quick draw flags as part of their game plan. Bucs did it in the first game, Raiders did it in the Monday night game on that third and 3, on their last drive, when Carr threw the long ball and got the PI and the auto first down... It's really sad....

I think the most frustrating part, is that the NFL does not want to make officiating better. In fact, I honestly think they like a corrupt officiating system.
The XFL presented an equitable and transparent officiating system that did everything it could to try and get it right. The NFL has no interest in doing that.

That PI when the ball was clearly overthrown was the last straw. I got to the point where I was just laughing as the game went on. The NFL has become such a joke on what they present as what's supposed to be a high quality product...

Teams are now using the quick draw flags as part of their game plan. Bucs did it in the first game, Raiders did it in the Monday night game on that third and 3, on their last drive, when Carr threw the long ball and got the PI and the auto first down... It's really sad....
And this is when I began to lose interest in the NBA. The acting jobs and the amount of fouls seemed to increase dramatically and I quit cold turkey. I love the NFL, and I watch any game that's on at the time if the Saints aren't playing. The calls against the Saints are one sided and obvious but no one is held responsible. A cheating product on national TV and yet they just repeat it, lauging at the fans because we can't do squat. I hope it doesn't come to the point of me just giving up on watching like the NBA. It's becoming that bad

The XFL presented an equitable and transparent officiating system that did everything it could to try and get it right. The NFL has no interest in doing that.
I’m still confused as to how the players have let this go on for so long. Years ago, when the officiating took a massive dip (and has gotten worse), I thought the players would boycott, or perform some action to at least get the league’s attention. The competition committee doesn’t get any important issues resolved regarding officiating. It’s ludicrous. I could understand if a call is truly “a bang bang” play, but when it’s just blatantly blown, then human error is thrown out, and it becomes something more.

1. Horse Collar
2. Push-off on Lewis
3. Taysom offensive PI
4. 4th and 1 spot

And unless I missed something on the play, Rodgers got away with grounding in the fourth.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom