How can I listen to the Saints-Rams game on the road between Vegas and the Grand Canyon? (1 Viewer)

If you're travelling south, instead of a right, hook a left at the Hoover Dam & drive about five hours until you see this BIG half empty stadium that looks kind of like a Roman coliseum with a bunch of black & gold clad crazies Yelling Whodat! You won't need the radio, but I hear you can buy a ticket for about 6 bucks.

Back in the bad old days, I used to have to drive 40 miles just to park outside a radio station to hear preseason games, people are spoiled today.

Damn, what kind of antenna you had? A coat hanger?

If you're travelling south, instead of a right, hook a left at the Hoover Dam & drive about five hours until you see this BIG half empty stadium that looks kind of like a Roman coliseum with a bunch of black & gold clad crazies Yelling Whodat! You won't need the radio, but I hear you can buy a ticket for about 6 bucks.
Don't think I didn't contemplate changing my plans when the schedule came out.

I hope you find a solution. This reminds me of the good ol days in college in Ohio. We didn't have but dial up internet on campus so streaming audio was not an option even if it were available at the time. I'd drive my car to the top of the hill and wait for the sun to set on cool and cold nights. Sure enough I'd catch 870AM an hour south of Cleveland.

I don't live in the US and I'll be on a limited data plan while I'm there, so using an app/my phone is a problem. (Also, I was disappointed to find out Tuesday morning - my time - when I tried to listen to the postgame show like I always do after a night game that WWL is no longer on TuneIn Radio.)

I guess I'll do it the old fashioned way and reacquaint myself with the AM dual.

Remember this, you can't have a canyon without a lot of mountains. If you're inside the rim you have no chance of catching anything. If you're outside the rim you can catch stations from hundreds of miles away. And don't try the north rim, or you could be disappointed as it closes very early after summer.

Remember this, you can't have a canyon without a lot of mountains. If you're inside the rim you have no chance of catching anything. If you're outside the rim you can catch stations from hundreds of miles away. And don't try the north rim, or you could be disappointed as it closes very early after summer.

What if he was able to rig his antenna to a drone that was dynamically positioned to follow his car?

Offering digital cell phone coverage throughout most of Grand Canyon National Park, Verizon Wireless users will be able to make calls and send text messages with ease when they are on vacation to the Grand Canyon.

xm radio is the only way.

you'll be driving in the middle of nowhere.
I'm pretty sure this is 100% correct. Never done it but Grand Canyon is indian reservation ... and, you know, huge hole in the ground.

Don’t AM stations go a long way across open land?

Don’t y’all remember having to turn the knob through each AM channel to find games as you went on road trips? Good times.

Now we’re all like “satellites are the only way!” :rolleyes:
No. We're all like BIG HOLE IN GROUND.

Plus, satellite radio will be reliable and won't go in and out. Once you hit the major highway, it'll be fine. But that's not what the first third of that drive is.

Last edited:
I don't live in the US and I'll be on a limited data plan while I'm there, so using an app/my phone is a problem. (Also, I was disappointed to find out Tuesday morning - my time - when I tried to listen to the postgame show like I always do after a night game that WWL is no longer on TuneIn Radio.)

I guess I'll do it the old fashioned way and reacquaint myself with the AM dual.
Good luck. But I assume you're renting a car? It's probably got the satellite radio.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom