How can this be legal? Mrs. Pence is teaching at a school that bans Gay Students! (1 Viewer)

mt15

Subscribing Member
Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP Subscribing Member
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
They actually do, by law, if the school has a certain number of employees. I don't recall the specifics though. It's been a while since I last read up on it.
I think that refers to employees. Yes they would be required to accommodate employees under the ADA. I‘m not sure it would apply to students.

Admittedly I am going on my cousin’s say so who has a special needs child. And who was fairly aghast that DeVos was put into her position.

DaveXA

I love the Lord!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I think that refers to employees. Yes they would be required to accommodate employees under the ADA. I‘m not sure it would apply to students.

Admittedly I am going on my cousin’s say so who has a special needs child. And who was fairly aghast that DeVos was put into her position.
Right, was referring to employees. As for accommodating students, I don't know what the rules are, but I imagine there are legal obligations schools have to students as well.

NewOrleansFan

Hall-of-Famer
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
In Louisiana, they don’t have to accommodate unless they receive vouchers from the state. However, some schools do have what they call reasonable accommodations. Something likes the child can be taken out of class for speech therapy from an IEP appointed therapist that provides by the state. Other school will offer speech therapy and other forms of therapy for an additional fee.

dtc

VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
like how gay?
i mean we're all at least a little gay
so like 51% or something more fabulous?
I disagree. We are not all at least a little gay.

I may like bespoke dress shoes, but that's a sign of non-toxic masculinity as far as I'm concerned.

Goatman Saint

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I disagree. We are not all at least a little gay.

I may like bespoke dress shoes, but that's a sign of non-toxic masculinity as far as I'm concerned.
Dude you mentioned shoes. Your one drop is showing. Now if you wanted to start discussing which type of Louboutons make a persons feet and legs look better because of the eycatching nature of the red soles, then my gayness could have a conversation with your gayness.

Goatman Saint

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
In Louisiana, they don’t have to accommodate unless they receive vouchers from the state. However, some schools do have what they call reasonable accommodations. Something likes the child can be taken out of class for speech therapy from an IEP appointed therapist that provides by the state. Other school will offer speech therapy and other forms of therapy for an additional fee.
Yes, but the list of what qualifies as special needs is huge and varied. You could have a student which has a mild speech issue which can count, a child with mild autism who excels in a particular area but doesn’t cause issues, someone with a vision or hearing issue, handicapped student ina wheelchair. These are all eligible to fall under special needs, but. One actually affect their learning. A student like my nephew with severe cerebral palsy isn’t getting anywhere near a private school. Neither is my other nephew who is oppositional defiant. Those sorts of kids no way are anywhere near a private/charter school

efil4stnias

one lonely Beastie i be...
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Pence's advice for those who criticize his wife for teaching at a school that doesn't accept gays. You can't make this stuff up!

Mike Pence is going to actually tell someone what they should be doing while on their knees? Mike Pence? VP to Trump?

thats quite funny.

insidejob

Respect existence or expect resistance.
Approved Blogger
Reaction score
Pence's advice for those who criticize his wife for teaching at a school that doesn't accept gays. You can't make this stuff up!

I had some fun in that thread on twitter yesterday. Seems like the entirety of twitter did.

xSlickxRickx

Rookie
Reaction score
Personal feelings aside, this private school can decide who to accept and enroll in their school. Just like a company can decide who to hire and fire based off of looks, attitude, etc.
https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/15/politics/karen-pence-art-teacher/index.html

Just saw this, and I can't believe this is allowed in 2019. And even if the school would be allowed to ban certain people, who would actually want to teach there.

Ugh!
How can it be legal? It's a private school, end of discussion there. They can choose who to accept into their school, just like a company can choose who to accept into their workforce. All they HAVE to do is say "accepting all applications" they dont HAVE to hire anyone if they dont want to.

OP
OP
nolaswede

nolaswede

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
Personal feelings aside, this private school can decide who to accept and enroll in their school. Just like a company can decide who to hire and fire based off of looks, attitude, etc.

How can it be legal? It's a private school, end of discussion there. They can choose who to accept into their school, just like a company can choose who to accept into their workforce. All they HAVE to do is say "accepting all applications" they dont HAVE to hire anyone if they dont want to.

So you feel like a private school should be allowed to only accept white students?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Saints RSS News Feeds 0

Headlines

Top Bottom