How can you not love this chart? (2 Viewers)

I heard someone say there would be no byes this year. Dunno!

The NFL has approved a plan to go to 8 playoff teams per conference if they have to miss games at the end of the season due to COVID.

I would imagine in that world that there would be no byes and teams would just line up 1-8 and play.

ETA: Checked it out, only the top seeds will have a bye.
There is a contingency plan if games are cancelled by Covid to add an 8th team to the playoffs in each conference. In that case, no team would get a bye and the 8 teams would be seeded by conference record percentage.

SFIAH

And that will only happen if they have to cancel the rest of the season.
Not exactly. The specific language is that if the NFL cannot complete all 256 regular season games by week 18 (potentially adding one extra week to the end of the regular season), and any missing games causes teams in the playoff mix to have an unequal number of games, then the contingency kicks in.

SFIAH

The chart looks even better today as the Bucs get bumped down to the 6th Seed! :very-happy:
True, the Rams moved up to the #2 Seed, but they still have to contend with the Cardinals twice and they have another date with a desperate Seahawks team down the road.

The only question now is which sorry NFC East team will 'earn' (and squander) that coveted #4 Seed before it's all said and done. :hihi:

The Cowboys and Football Team are tied for the worst record in the conference, but the winner of their game on Thanksgiving will hold the #4 seed.
This is why the NFL needs to re-seed according to record for position in the playoffs.

Won a crappy division? Fine, you're in the playoffs. But the wildcard team that had a better record than you gets homefield over you.

I see Dallas, with Dalton finishing 4-2 (at best) giving them a record of 7-9.
Would personally love to see that 3-3 or worse and winning the east with 5-11 or 6-10.
Then beating the Bucs in the first round. :cool:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom