How come collins is not the #1 rated linebacker in the draft? (1 Viewer)

ChopperSaint

Official gum of champions
Reaction score
He was #1 in the combine. Had the best on the field season of any other linebacker in the country as far as numbers go.

He seems to be a great guy.
Whats not to like about him?

This guy is going to be a star in this league and the Saints need to do everything they have to do to get him.

If it means trading down to get him in the 2nd or maybe even reaching for him at 15.

We need this guy folks.

I told you guys 4 years ago to take William Moore in the 2nd and look at him now.

Its not often that I feel this strong about a player. About once every 3 or 4 years I get a really strong feeling about a player thats not getting his due.

This is him.

Mark it down if Collins is not wearing black and gold in September we are going to regret it for a long time.

How about some of you learning to be able to think on your own?
Why do you have to have Kiper tell you he would be a reach at 15?
You pretend like you can think on your own but you let these guys tell you how to think.
The second one of them changes there mock drafts to reflect him being worthy of a 1st you will all of a sudden change your mind.

I have been keeping up with these players for years.

Its a 2nd hobby of mine.

My friends know what im talking about.

I have a history of picking players that are under the radar.

I can name 20 players at least that were 3rd round picks or later in the last 15 years that I said would have 1st round type careers.

Sure I have missed on a few but not many.

This guy is going to be a 5+ time probowler.
Im telling you now.

Just like I did a few years ago with William Moore and JJ Watt.

Because he doesnt come from a big college I guess. There is a huuuuuuuuge SEC bias around the league ...

Hey if the Coaching Staff feels he's a worthy selection at 15 then so be it... if not there will be other options. I'm sure there's a plan in place for us to pick up a 2nd rounder if there's any possibility of doing so.

How about some of you learning to be able to think on your own?
Why do you have to have Kiper tell you he would be a reach at 15?
You pretend like you can think on your own but you let these guys tell you how to think.
The second one of them changes there mock drafts to reflect him being worthy of a 1st you will all of a sudden change your mind.

I have been keeping up with these players for years.

Its a 2nd hobby of mine.

My friends know what im talking about.

I have a history of picking players that are under the radar.

I can name 20 players at least that were 3rd round picks or later in the last 15 years that I said would have 1st round type careers.

Sure I have missed on a few but not many.

This guy is going to be a 5+ time probowler.
Im telling you now.

Just like I did a few years ago with William Moore and JJ Watt.

Now late me state clearly.
Im all about value.
I would hate to have to take him at 15 if I did not have to.
Even though I think he is going to more then outplay the 15th slot this still does not mean I want to take him there.

Now if there is no other choice then we have to take him at 15.
But my dream would be to trade down to the late 1st and get him.

But if there are no suitors(which I doubt there will be) then we have to bite the bullet and reach at 15 even though this is something I hate doing.

I have seen him play in person at least 8 times.
Seen him play on TV 30 times.
I went to the senior bowl.
I even watched him play QB in high school.
I have watched all the combine film.

This is not something I pulled out my ***.
Im telling you folks this guy is the real deal

I have seen him play in person at least 8 times.
Seen him play on TV 30 times.
I went to the senior bowl.
I even watched him play QB in high school.
I have watched all the combine film.

This is not something I pulled out my ***.
Im telling you folks this guy is the real deal

Are u his agent?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

He may be, all we have to go by is "experts" that every year are wrong, so it wouldn't surprise me that he goes #1 , teams have more info than any of the Experts, hope he is smart, Belicheck and Jimmy Johnson said stupid players are something you don't want.

How many times do you have to reply to your own post? I get it, he's good. When he has a saints hat on at draft day ill get excited.

Holy stalker! 4 posts in your own thread in under 20 minutes! I guess you are impressed with him. Lol

I'm just ready for free agency to hit. Maybe we won't need a LB by the time the draft comes around.

Now late me state clearly.
Im all about value.
I would hate to have to take him at 15 if I did not have to.
Even though I think he is going to more then outplay the 15th slot this still does not mean I want to take him there.

Now if there is no other choice then we have to take him at 15.
But my dream would be to trade down to the late 1st and get him.

But if there are no suitors(which I doubt there will be) then we have to bite the bullet and reach at 15 even though this is something I hate doing.

I believe you. He looks like a more polished ansah...but with Coverage abilities like Dion Jordan. Except a lot stronger when it comes to generating power.

The reports on Dion Jordan are that hell have to gain weight and his bullrush is under used....mainly cuz he has no power to do it.

Collins makes natural seperation on Impact like Ansah. His bullrush is already fricking rediculous. Wait till he learns more moves and u get his motor running red hot.

Hes going to be a monster. Im not sure if i want him as a designated rusher or a SOLB. He could do well in either roles.

Scouting report

http://www.nexteranfl.com/2012/jamie-collins-lb-southern-scouting-report/

I believe the guy will be a player for whatever team that's picks him and plays the style of defense he will thrive in....I think the Saints are one if those teams being that we will play an aggresive Under 3-4 defense where Collins would probably be the rush linebacker.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom