How come collins is not the #1 rated linebacker in the draft? (1 Viewer)

Maybe we can pick him with our phantom 2nd round pick... :mwink:

How about some of you learning to be able to think on your own?
Why do you have to have Kiper tell you he would be a reach at 15?
You pretend like you can think on your own but you let these guys tell you how to think.
The second one of them changes there mock drafts to reflect him being worthy of a 1st you will all of a sudden change your mind.

I have been keeping up with these players for years.

Its a 2nd hobby of mine.

My friends know what im talking about.

I have a history of picking players that are under the radar.

I can name 20 players at least that were 3rd round picks or later in the last 15 years that I said would have 1st round type careers.

Sure I have missed on a few but not many.

This guy is going to be a 5+ time probowler.
Im telling you now.

Just like I did a few years ago with William Moore and JJ Watt.

Good idea.

Start thread. Tell everyone they're sheep. Talk about how awesome you are.

Really invites discussion.

He was said to take plays off, i would too if i played for a crap team, i like him

This guy is going to be a star in this league and the Saints need to do everything they have to do to get him.

Small school guy from Mississippi, not a chance the Saints take him. They would be torn apart by their fans if it doesn't work out. We much rather take players from Georgia, Ohio State or USC in the first rounds.

Brett Favre, Jerry Rice, Walter Payton and Steve McNair were not popular enough in college to be drafted here.

In my opinion, it's because he's simply not a better linebacker compared to others in this draft...

He's not really that high intensity, takes off plays and lacks consistency, pretty short handed on instinct, overruns edge containment, I question his football IQ, hardly impressive first step, doesn't quite seem to possess that playmaking ability while in coverage, could use his hands better...

However, with all that in mind, his team did not win a single game he still shined and is quite the athlete...

But it would still be a reach, we want a guy who has the best chance to come in and be a starter from day one with this pick (if you're insinuating we go OLB @ 15). Collins has a bit more coaching up needed before that's even a consideration, but I do agree he has a lot of potential/upside as most the things I mentioned could be coached out of him. He's more a developmental player, while some of the other linebackers in this draft are better coached and more NFL ready.

If it means trading down to get him in the 2nd or maybe even reaching for him at 15.

If you feel so strongly about him how could taking him at #15 be considered a "reach"?

I told you guys 4 years ago to take William Moore in the 2nd and look at him now.

You know, there I was with the red Loomis hotline phone, thinking "you know, ChopperSaint told me about someone..." And I just couldn't remember who it was. If ony I had I would have put the call in to Loomis :mad:

Its not often that I feel this strong about a player. About once every 3 or 4 years I get a really strong feeling about a player thats not getting his due.

Well, it's very exciting for me to witness your every half decade discovery of one single NFL player. Thank you. I assure you, this time, I'll call Loomis and make him aware our twice-a-decade oracle has discovered the next great slightly-above-average NFL player, just like the marginal-pro bowler William Moore :9:

I can name 20 players at least that were 3rd round picks or later in the last 15 years that I said would have 1st round type careers.

:covri:

That's 20 players out of the past 2400+ players that have been picked between the 3rd -7th rounds in the past 15 years... That's well under 1%, and considering most the guys who have "1st round type careers" do in fact come from later rounds I'm betting most of us could have randomly selected at least 20 players over the past 15 years that panned to have good careers.

How about some of you learning to be able to think on your own?
Why do you have to have Kiper tell you he would be a reach at 15?
You pretend like you can think on your own but you let these guys tell you how to think.
The second one of them changes there mock drafts to reflect him being worthy of a 1st you will all of a sudden change your mind.

I have been keeping up with these players for years.

Its a 2nd hobby of mine.

My friends know what im talking about.

I have a history of picking players that are under the radar.

Sure I have missed on a few but not many.

This guy is going to be a 5+ time probowler.
Im telling you now.

Just like I did a few years ago with William Moore and JJ Watt.

Why haven't you sent your resume to the Cleveland Browns, Buffalo Bills, Jacksonville Jaguars, yet?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom