N/S How come there aren’t any white guy CBs? (1 Viewer)

Saint Lattimore

Restricted Airspace
Reaction score
Why is it that we very rarely see Caucasian CBs at the D1 collegiate level and/or in the NFL?

...with the exception of Christian McCaffrey, RB is very much the same, but not to the extent of the CB position. There are a handful of Caucasian RBs out there, but as far as I see, there are ZERO white guy Cornerbacks.

Eric Weddle was an excellent CB at Utah, but he was moved to S in the NFL. Jason Sehorn was the last starting CB in the NFL, but the stupid decision to try him at KR got him injured and he was never the same.
Kevin Kaesviharn (sp?) played CB for a while as a Bengal, but he too was switched to S for the majority of his career.

So... why do you think it is that white football players do not play CB at the highest level? What is it? Why is it? Without going all “Jimmy the Greek”, there must be an explanation.

CantonLegend

Best Looking
Reaction score
Why is it that we very rarely see Caucasian CBs at the D1 collegiate level and/or in the NFL?

...with the exception of Christian McCaffrey, RB is very much the same, but not to the extent of the CB position. There are a handful of Caucasian RBs out there, but as far as I see, there are ZERO white guy Cornerbacks.

Eric Weddle was an excellent CB at Utah, but he was moved to S in the NFL. Jason Sehorn was the last starting CB in the NFL, but the stupid decision to try him at KR got him injured and he was never the same.
Kevin Kaesviharn (sp?) played CB for a while as a Bengal, but he too was switched to S for the majority of his career.

So... why do you think it is that white football players do not play CB at the highest level? What is it? Why is it? Without going all “Jimmy the Greek”, there must be an explanation.
your question is an HR nightmare. Can’t fool me
1583413625719.gif

platinumvinnyv

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
Probably implicit bias by coaching at a young age. In middle school and high school is really where it starts. Most of the athletes become lb, wr, or qb. I dont think its athletic ability but people unconcious bias on what position should be played by who. Its weird i only see it in football

DadsDream

Dreaming of a SAINTS Super Bowl!
Reaction score

DerrickB

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Approved Blogger
Reaction score
Because they aren't any at the moment. They're probably some at the D1 level, we just haven't heard of them yet.

Reaction score
People are different, Cultures are different. The physical, mental and emotional traits are different across the board. Between them all and even within themselves.

Im dont believe its all up coming, communities, roles or systems.
I`ve never seen a white version of Zion, Lebron or MJ.
I will always have the framework in my mind that different races have different strengths and weaknesses.

When they say everyone is created "equal" that is the most misleading statement in the history of the world. What it means is everyone has different strengths and weaknesses; it is up to you to make up the difference. No one is equal.

Last edited:

Infoman

Towelie / Marsh 2020
Reaction score
White guys are just way too.... High motor... Deceptively fast..... film room junkies...... hard working.... student of the game..... Coach on the field..... Sneaky athletic..... true pro.......... Lunch-pail guy...... Crafty......

And all other hilarious ways of saying not as athletic in general...

Last edited:

j4m2b

Rookie
Reaction score
Actually, while studying assessments of the adult in college, it was noted white people have longer torsos and shorter legs. Coincidentally, black people have longer legs and shorter torsos.

Notice how longer torsos equal to upper body leverage. Seems to lean more towards throwing. Lower legs provide more speed and jumping.

Not saying saying this is cut and dry but based on population it’s plausible.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Andrus Unsurprisingly, Saints aren't an odds-on favorite to sign Antonio Brown SR News Page Articles 0

Headlines

Top Bottom