How confident are you in Adam Trautman? (1 Viewer)

I think he will be a solid tight end. better than average but not some superstar. especially since Drew isn't here to elevate him. like stated above, his blocking was the bigger question coming into the league and that turned out well.

I have no reason not to trust our draft picks. Very few misses since 2017

Very confident He has all the physical and mental tools, including decent speed, to be a dynamic TE.

Barring injury Trautman is going to be in the league for a while and have a good career. Im super interested to see how he is integrated into the passing game as the starter.

So I'm just going to echo what has already been said. The ability and talent is there. Just the ability to disguise plays by not having to rotate tight ends fordifferent packages would be enormous. 🤞

I think it's too early to say with any certainty what he could become as a receiver. 4.8 is not blazing speed, so he's not a burner, but his short area quickness along with his size and length could still make him a huge match up headache for DCs. How he develops as a route runner will determine his eventual ceiling. His only knocks (or question marks) coming out of college was his ability as an in-line blocker and the huge jump in level of competition from Dayton to the NFL. He's already dispelled one of them.

Yeah people are kind of writing him off as a receiving weapon because he ran a slow 40. He showed last season that he's athletic enough to be a receiving threat in the NFL.

Just look at his first TD catch of his career against the Bucs. Devin White was manned up against him and Trautman beat him. If the man can use his short area quickness to fake out Devin White then I'm sure he'll have some success in the passing game.

I’m confident. He’ll be a solid contributor. After the draft there were threads here trying to compare Trautman to Kittle. I was thoroughly roasted for saying because he lacked Kittle’s straight line speed (Kittle 4.52, Trautman 4.80) he wouldn’t be a game breaking TE like Kittle. Their counter was Trautman’s 3 cone time. Trautman has good hands, runs good routes, and is a solid “move the chains” receiver but he’s not George Kittle.

I’m confident. He’ll be a solid contributor. After the draft there were threads here trying to compare Trautman to Kittle. I was thoroughly roasted for saying because he lacked Kittle’s straight line speed (Kittle 4.52, Trautman 4.80) he wouldn’t be a game breaking TE like Kittle. Their counter was Trautman’s 3 cone time. Trautman has good hands, runs good routes, and is a solid “move the chains” receiver but he’s not George Kittle.
I agree entirely. Based on his testing and development thus far he's more likely to have a career similar to Nick Vannett, Vance McDonald, and other journeyman-type TEs in the league.

The Kittles, Whittens, Gronks and Gonzalezs are a rare and different breed.

With a full training camp and preseason, I feel he will break out big time this year. He definitely showed flashes. Really excited to see him in a bigger role. (Fantasy sleeper?!)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom