How confident are you? (1 Viewer)

How confident are you of the Baltimore game?

• Guaranteed win baby!

Votes: 19 17.3%
  • It will be close, but we shall prevail!

Votes: 37 33.6%
  • 50/50 call...wont be surprised if we lose

Votes: 49 44.5%
  • There is no hope! We need Batman!

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • I just want to eat my tacoes in peace

Votes: 3 2.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
We’ve eaten top defenses alive before, but it doesn’t seem like we’ve done that much since 2011.

But, so far this seems to be one of the best offenses we’ve fielded in the Brees-Payton era. This is only the fourth season where our PPG is actually keeping pace with our YPG (outpacing even). The other years are 2009, 2011, and 2016.

https://www.pro-football-reference....gtlt=lt&team_id=nor&c5val=1.0&order_by=points

I’m gonna say 50/50 until this offense proves that those days of smashing top defenses are back, but this does look like one of the most brutally efficient offenses we’ve fielded.

People keep talking like the Ravens are the AFC's 6-0 Rams. They're good, but not even on the Rams (who are still relatively unproven themselves, imo.) level. The beat a "top 10" (used loosely) offense in the Steelers, who were without Bell and are quickly turning into a daytime soap of an organization.

I haven't watched much of the Bengals this season, but their offense is like 18th or 19th in the NFL and they beat the Ravens comfortably. The Browns are no pushovers, but they aren't a powerhouse, beatable with sound fundamentals (which we lacked in our game vs them, but still pulled out a win thanks to their kicker).

Brett Kollman (sp?) pointed out that the Ravens only have a total of 4 sacks against "experienced" QB's in Dalton and Roethlisberger (their might've been a third, but it's escaping me.), and feast on younger/inexperienced quarterbacks, which Brees is (unfortunately) clearly not. This is a Ravens team that's living off drama, young QB's, and bad offenses.

That said, they are a very good team, but they just can't hang with the Saints offensively. I wouldn't be surprised to see a relatively close game, but I wouldn't be surprised to a see a blowout either. A 31-17 win sounds about right to me, so pretty confident.

People keep talking like the Ravens are the AFC's 6-0 Rams. They're good, but not even on the Rams (who are still relatively unproven themselves, imo.) level. The beat a "top 10" (used loosely) offense in the Steelers, who were without Bell and are quickly turning into a daytime soap of an organization.

I haven't watched much of the Bengals this season, but their offense is like 18th or 19th in the NFL and they beat the Ravens comfortably. The Browns are no pushovers, but they aren't a powerhouse, beatable with sound fundamentals (which we lacked in our game vs them, but still pulled out a win thanks to their kicker).

Brett Kollman (sp?) pointed out that the Ravens only have a total of 4 sacks against "experienced" QB's in Dalton and Roethlisberger (their might've been a third, but it's escaping me.), and feast on younger/inexperienced quarterbacks, which Brees is (unfortunately) clearly not. This is a Ravens team that's living off drama, young QB's, and bad offenses.

That said, they are a very good team, but they just can't hang with the Saints offensively. I wouldn't be surprised to see a relatively close game, but I wouldn't be surprised to a see a blowout either. A 31-17 win sounds about right to me, so pretty confident.

If we keep the foot on the gas, avoid lots of penalties, & control the line of scrimmage, than I like our chances.

Btw, have we ever won any memorable games 31-17 before? :unsure:

Go watch their game against the Steelers and you’ll feel a lot better. They had no pass rush and allowed huge plays down field. Peat being out is worriesome, but I think our offense will start slow and pick it up about the 2nd quarter.

Our defense will have to tackle well and defend the big play. That’s pretty much all the ravens have going on offense. The Steelers couldn’t stop the run and that kept setting up deep plays to Brown.

We are great against the run, so shut that down early and force Flaco to beat us with his arm.

Ooooh and if Willie catches it, hit him. He has a tendency to put the ball on the turf.

giphy.gif

You know what I think we will win, not a blowout by any stretch but we will win by at least one score. I have confidence in this team and believe they are working on improving especially the defense. I also believe that they will play their hearts out to get Drew that victory he needs over the Ravens. Who Dat!

Pete Prisco is confidently picking against us, so we win. No worries.

Soooo....how confident are you? Top offense vs top defense!

Since the game is billed as top O vs top D, it will probably be decided by special teams. It would be something if Lutz won the game with a long, record-breaking kick.

If we keep the foot on the gas, avoid lots of penalties, & control the line of scrimmage, than I like our chances.

You forgot the most important - don't turn the ball over.

Pete Prisco is confidently picking against us, so we win. No worr

This.

I went with 50/50.

Given our history with Baltimore over the years, I won't be upset if we lose.

The injuries on the o-line are a good concern but my biggest fear is the Ravens taking advantage of our struggling secondary. We are playing a bad QB though, so this should be preventable.

I see our D-line giving Flaco fits. Pressure and sacks.
That will slow down their passong game.
Flaco has 9 TDs and 4 picks.
Put pressure on Flaco and stop their running game.
Drew will figure out their blitzes and Unger will lead the O-line.
As Deuce pointed out their weak spot on pass coverage is between the LBers and DBs.
As long as Saints Don't turn over the ball more than once I see a win.

I think CSP knows that Drew needs to beat this team, along with staying in first place in our division. He has been digging in his bag of tricks for this one. Kamara/Thomas early on and MI to close it out.

Not sure. It seems when we have something other than just a W to play for, we play lights out. We got Drew beating the Ravens for the first time and his 500th TD this week so we may come out firing on all cylinders. But the injuries to the OL and big play capabilities concern me. Flacco can throw the ball damn near 80 yards. So if one of their speedsters get behind us......

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom