How confident you guys in the team's Cornerback depth? (1 Viewer)

BCK30

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
Delvin Breaux is as close to a stud the team has....staying healthy is his biggest challenge.

I like PJ Williams...he's got a lot of heart and doesn't play scared. He's earned the #2 spot. That being said I still feel it'll be a roller coaster ride with him due to his growing pains.

Courtland Finnegan should be the team's nickel back...He still has good instincts and will give his all on every play. A true veteran that every team wants in their locker room.

After those 3 guys is where I give cause to pause. I haven't seen enough from DeVante Harris in the Preseason but he's a keeper to at least continue to develop for the future. Ken Crawley, in my opinion if it can happen should be placed on the practice squad in an effort to get stronger and develop. I don't think he's ready for primetime football just yet.

All in all I think the Saints should look to sign at least one more veteran cornerback to solidy what could be a solid secondary with a finally healthy Byrd and Vaccaro.

Crawley has been beat but even when beat he has been right there. For a nickle or dime he is pretty good compared to what we have had in other seasons. To me he looks better than Browner, Corey White, Patrick Robinson each were starting corners for us in the not too distant seasons.

This could be the deepest set of DBs we have had this century.

Not confident in this group at all. Breaux will hold his side down but I see us getting carved up everywhere else early in the season until these rooks get some game experience.

Let's not forget that we have several safetys that can handle up on the nickel.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

KV and Bell can both play nickel. Actually think we could see a lot of that this season. Harris has looked good to me in man coverage, that Antonio Brown TD he was step for step and just didn't turn his head.

I'm not sold on pj. I would put Finnegan or Crawley ahead of pj. Hopefully pj has shown more in camp than in pre season. It is going to be tough playing opposite breaux, his side won't be targeted much.

not confident but excited by the swag (Harris), the physicality (PJ and Crawley) and the athleticism of those young guys.

More confident than last season. Confident in the decision to go with the inexperienced Williams, Harris and Crawley over an unhealthy Lewis. As for confidence in ability to perform, I'm confident they will perform better than their experience level and improve drastically over the course of the year. The youngsters will be picked on all year and will give up a lot of plays, but will also hold their own. Already they've shown that they can stick tight to receivers far better than the secondaries of the last couple of seasons (excluding Breaux). At least these guys force a QB to make difficult throws to gain a completion.

It's hard to tell with PJ, Crawley and Harris from the preseason play calling. Most of the passes these guys were giving up were short passes underneath. It seemed when one was playing up, the other was way off the ball. The QB saw it and picked them apart. They hardly ever threw to the guy playing up on the WR. I assume they weren't doing that in TC so they were able to make more plays. It drives me crazy when, and it happens constantly, the other team has a 3rd and 5 or whatever and the DB is playing 10 yards off. It reminds me of when Dion Sanders would do that to bait the QB to throw over so he could make the pick since he had the speed to recover but we don't have Dion Sanders.

We can bring back either Wilson or Swann from IR if the CBs are struggling.

Depth is suspect, but I do have faith that Dennis Allen and Aaron Glenn will coach this group up.

I'm not confident at all either. The Saints won't be able to generate a pass rush with their front 4 and at some point the CBs will be on an island.

Breaux was ok last season but I don't believe all of the hype. Finnegan is washed up. Then we have 3 players that have never played a down in the NFL.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom