How did Brees fall before Brady? (1 Viewer)

Brees's stats come from YAC, Brady still throws the ball downfield. Brees' intended air yards per attempt this year was 6.0 yards, second to last in the league, Brady was at 9.1 yards, the highest in the league. You can argue all day about the two systems and the merits of this downfield strategy, but there is no argument that Brady still is out there throwing deep at 43 in ways that Brees doesn't do. I think this fact makes it fair to question what the physical difference is between the two of them, at least the late career versions.

Just because he's throwing crappy low quality throws way downfield, that shouldn't bolster his argument that he is further away from decline than Drew Brees.

I agree that he's taking something illegal.
I remember Montana, Elway, Marino and Farve all trying to hang on at the end of their careers all beaten and battered. A shell of their former glory.

Even Young and Aikman looked like creaky old geriatrics by their late 30's.

How Brady moves in the pocket and throws the ball like someone half his age flies in the face of reason unless you evoke the obvious.

Isn’t is just slightly possible that Brady is really good? Brees doesn’t have to be the only one.
Brees body is declining visibly like you would expect a normal 41 year olds body to, not getting stronger looking like he could be the #1 pick in the draft tomorrow.

I've had my suspicions for a while now and as time goes on it only seems more likely.

I do wonder about Brady sometimes. He isn't someone that you consider to have any special physical gifts. He isn't a Brett Favre or Warren Moon in regards to athleticism. He has also taken a lot of hits like any QB in who sticks around until his 40s.

How he has outlasted everyone is a mystery. I don't buy the diet stuff. His arm seems as strong as ever, if not stronger than when he broke in as a rookie. His accuracy and reflexes have fallen off a bit, but nothing can really fix that. He defies logic.

Let's see:

1) Good Looking
2) married a Super Model
3) Tuck Rule benefited him
4) no punishment from Deflate gate
5) 6 Super Bowl wins

I say he made a deal with the Devil

Attachments

• dce.jpg
    dce.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 0
Isn’t is just slightly possible that Brady is really good? Brees doesn’t have to be the only one.

Brady is two years older then Drew. He is one year younger then Manning who has been retired for a few years now. Brady had some serious injuries as well. The general public seems to be widely ignorant of how much juicing is going on the NFL. HGH is the most probable thing he takes. I wouldn't be shocked if he was on TRT. I assume that's allowed since it would be doctor prescribed? It would help explain his longevity. Brady is selling all this lifestyle brand stuff as well. He has ever incentive to be on something other then avocado oil.

I remember Montana, Elway, Marino and Farve all trying to hang on at the end of their careers all beaten and battered. A shell of their former glory.

Even Young and Aikman looked like creaky old geriatrics by their late 30's.

How Brady moves in the pocket and throws the ball like someone half his age flies in the face of reason unless you evoke the obvious.
True.

He could just be theGeorge Bland’s of His era. Also, I think Warren Moon hang on into his early 40s and played...okay...but would have to Google that...

Id agree with all of that except the o line. The Saints have always placed an emphasis on o line. Brady has no doubt had better defenses and played in a powder puff division. That isnt an argument. But I think Brees has had the better o line throughout their careers.

Brees could play as long as Brady if he wanted to. Brees is, and would be a more efficient QB that Brady next year. It just doesnt appear as though he wants to. Thats what it all comes down to.

Brady will eventually have all the records, because he is going to play a few more years. But a 17 game schedule and Patrick Mahomes mean its a matter of time.

When I said o-line, I meant that in the sense that the Saints were looking for a center after Goodwin for 4 seasons, then had guard issues and now have Peat who is amazing in run pro but gets Brees lit up at least once a season.

Brady’s O-lines are allowed to hold as well.

also, since we’re on the subject, someone please tell me y’all saw him testing the ball preasure walking down the tunnel before the game against the Falcons.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom