How did Brees fall before Brady? (1 Viewer)

True.

He could just be theGeorge Bland’s of His era. Also, I think Warren Moon hang on into his early 40s and played...okay...but would have to Google that...
Blanda was an int machine and once threw 40 ints in a season.

I think Moons last meaningful playing time was at or before 40.

It's been staring everyone in the face for several years now. The hair. It's the hair man.

I have no idea if Brady is doing anything illegal. He doesnt look like he is. He has dad bod.

I think Brady is simply physically built to last longer than Brees. Brees is a smaller QB who never had a cannon arm. It makes sense than physically he wouldnt last as long as Brady. I still think Brees is better in this offense than Brady would have been. I dont know if Brees would be the right guy in the Bucs offense at the same time. Both guys are in good places for their current skill set. Ill take Brees over Brady this year in the playoffs though. Brees plays efficient, Brady boom or bust. Brees has thrown for 5k 5 times. Brady once. Brees has completed 70%+ 7 times. Brady has never done it and he has only really sniffed 70% once. Again, both are in good places for what they do.

That being said, Im not sure if Brady is actually lasting longer, or if he simply isnt considering retirement so it doesnt register with him that he is old. He plays in an offense that Jameis threw for 5K last year that ADDED a WR in Antonio Brown who was within the last few years the clear cut best WR in football. I think Brady has committed to playing till 45, or whenever. Whereas Brees seems to have been on the 1 year at a time train for 3+ years now.
There was a time when Brees said he would play until 45. Drew Brees wants to play until he's 45 - ProFootballTalk (nbcsports.com) He added "if healthy." However, last year he set himself up for retirement with a broadcasting contract, and his only physical issue we knew of was his thumb injury. Now add cracked ribs and a collapsed lung just one year later. I hope he stays but it does not look at this point that he will fulfil his statement about playing until 45. And it would be a big drop off if he doesn't because nobody on the roster can fill those shoes.

Brees is too ethical a person to get mixed up with any Guererros or their shady skin creams out there ;)
I gave you a “bump” after a meh. I appreciate your post but I’m fairly confident Brees did something too. No proof just been around PEDs a long time. He’s a monster in the gym and extremely committed. I look back on 2009 and his conditioning that year was impeccable with increased mass. He’s still a warrior with very little fat due to a superior diet. I love him but at this point I believe most players are on PEDs or took them at some point. I was saying this last night. If they make a movie about PEDs in the NFL then Nick Bosa will play the part of “PED”. Chase Young is carved out of granite and purty sure that’s not natural. Heck we love Ohio State players for a reason.

What has he (Brady) done this year to justify this admiration? Some make him sound like he is Patrick Mahomes.

Last edited:
Yes let's see if any of us are missing anything regarding the premise of the OP.

Last 3 seasons

Brady
34-14 record
64.1% completion rate
93 TDs, 31 Ints
7.3 ypa
95.9 QB Rating

Brees
30-8 record
73.2% completion rate (NFL best)
83 TDs, 15 Ints
7.9 ypa
113.0 QB Rating (NFL best)

One QB looks like he should consider retirement. I'll let you figure out which one.
I think you got the names backwards. This makes it look like Brady is the one that has had a dropoff in production.
/S

Last edited:
Ill take Brees over Brady please. Weve seen what Drew can do with a short arsenal of weapons and what Brady can do in a similar situation. The results arent even close.
Plus I believe Brees has beaten Brady more than any other QB has except for Peyton Manning. Should have won the 2013 game in New England if the 4th down choke hold against Cam Jordan (or was it Will Smith) had been called. 😡

I gave you a “bump” after a meh. I appreciate your post but I’m fairly confident Brees did something too. No proof just been around PEDs a long time. He’s a monster in the gym and extremely committed. I look back on 2009 and his conditioning that year was impeccable with increased mass. He’s still a warrior with very little fat due to a superior diet. I love him but at this point I believe most players are on PEDs or took them at some point. I was saying this last night. If they make a movie about PEDs in the NFL then Nick Bosa will play the part of “PED”. Chase Young is carved out of granite and purty sure that’s not natural. Heck we love Ohio State players for a reason.
What's the secret that league testing can't detect?

I'm also comfortable with the answer that these guys are truly elite in some way that most are not. There can be a genetic component but it is combined with discipline, dedication, focus, desire, diet that keeps them healthy, exercised and at the peak they can be at all times. Brees certainly seems wired that way.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom