How did Brees fall before Brady? (1 Viewer)

Less wear and tear.
Brady has had better o-lines with better defenses against less talented competition for his entire career.

Drew has been asked to shoulder the saints his entire career here and had his arm pulled off when playing for the chargers.

He's also re-tore the same shoulder against the bucs a few seasons ago and now there is the thumb thing and rib injuries.

The truth is in here, honestly.

I’ll also add that since Brady has more of a prototypical QB build - he likely has been able to rely on his physical gifts more over the years (he’s tall and has a strong arm). Whereas Brees is shorter and less gifted in arm strength - but insanely driven -so he has likely worked hard from a very young age to reach a skill level that Brady likely reached more naturally.

That’s extra wear and tear on the body and it all adds up.

Everyone is doing something, this is the league that turns the other cheek. Manning went over seas to get an illegal surgery then had HGH sent in his wife's name to his trainer. I have no problem with any of it, Brees should go for it, Saints have the best WR when healthy and a great defense. He also plays in a climate controlled dome in a warm climate, perfect for an aging veteran.

I remember Montana, Elway, Marino and Farve all trying to hang on at the end of their careers all beaten and battered. A shell of their former glory.

Even Young and Aikman looked like creaky old geriatrics by their late 30's.

How Brady moves in the pocket and throws the ball like someone half his age flies in the face of reason unless you evoke the obvious.
Your memory's a little faulty on Montana, he was solid all the way to the end

True.

He could just be theGeorge Bland’s of His era. Also, I think Warren Moon hang on into his early 40s and played...okay...but would have to Google that...
I saw George Blanda in his 40s. This is waaaay different. George couldn't do what Brady does at this age. George had a good 5 game run in 1970 at the age of 43. But even then he was a wiley back up to Daryle Lamonica that was primarily regulated to place kicking and relief duty in the 2nd half when LaMonica would struggle. His level of play was more akin to a Ryan Fitzpatrick. Really, really good, but only in small spurts. Like a few quarters at a time.

George Blanda was also a far better natural athlete than Brady to begin with so his floor was higher when his skills started to wane. What Brady is doing is unprecedented. He doesn't even look like he's aging. Blanda looked like a grandpa in his 40s.

When he played he was solid. He has a back injury which was the beginning of the end In San Francisco.
Was that an excuse because he was solid in KC and San Fran had Steve Young waiting.

Regarding Joe Montana. In his final two years with the chiefs he took them to the AFC championship and then again to the playoffs so I wouldn’t say he retired a shell of himself as someone stated earlier. Mad respect for Montana

Paul Rudd made a documentary detailing the evils of Tom Brady and how he does it.

Blanda was an int machine and once threw 40 ints in a season.

I think Moons last meaningful playing time was at or before 40.
Moon was 42, starting 10 games for Seattle. Played ok. He had a solid season at 41.

Last edited:
Regarding Joe Montana. In his final two years with the chiefs he took them to the AFC championship and then again to the playoffs so I wouldn’t say he retired a shell of himself as someone stated earlier. Mad respect for Montana
I remember pulling for him as a Chief because I thought he got screwed over by the 49ers. The dude won you 4 SBs and you discard him like yesterday's trash?

I do wonder about Brady sometimes. He isn't someone that you consider to have any special physical gifts. He isn't a Brett Favre or Warren Moon in regards to athleticism. He has also taken a lot of hits like any QB in who sticks around until his 40s.

How he has outlasted everyone is a mystery. I don't buy the diet stuff. His arm seems as strong as ever, if not stronger than when he broke in as a rookie. His accuracy and reflexes have fallen off a bit, but nothing can really fix that. He defies logic.
Adrenochrome?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom