How did Carolina beat Baltimore? ...We should do the same... (1 Viewer)

They scored more points. ;)

God I hope so, but I just can't shake this feeling that its going to be a trap game for us. But I do feel better reading your breakdown. I might have some more trust issues to work out this year. Its like i'm waiting for the other shoe to drop, or something like that.

I think the way you feel is common among long time Saints fans. Let's hope that in the near future these types of feelings become extinct through the establishment of a winning tradition in the Big Easy!

Carolina took care of Baltimore AT Baltimore 2 weeks ago, and they would have won by a bigger margin if not for a flukey tipped pass for a TD for the Ravens. Jake Delhomme lit that defense up for some very good numbers. I think the Saints certainly have as good, or IMO better, an offense as Carolina... and we're going to be playing in OUR HOUSE. Did anyone see the Car. Balt. game 2 weeks ago? How did the Panthers approach that defense? I definitely think this is a game the Saints can/should win, but it's going to be a battle.

Steve Smith completely abused Samari Rolle. That was roughly 60% of their offense (not kidding).

Could Colston or Horn do the same?

I love Colston and Horn but they aren't exactly Steve Smith.

Rolle's lost a step, but he isn't horrible. Steve Smith is just friggen Steve Smith.

We'll probably work on Rolle with Horn, and if he makes a mistake Drew will take advantage of it, just like we did to Michael Lewis with the Eagles. But it's not something you can rely on.

We'll work a short passing game like always i'm sure.

I have another quick question, but I didn't want to start a new thread for it...

If Deuce comes out and is totally ineffective in the 1st quarter and a half against B-more's run D, should the Saints staff consider sitting him down and letting him rest that hammy some more, and pound Stecker into that Ravens front? ...Just a thought.

I have another quick question, but I didn't want to start a new thread for it...

If Deuce comes out and is totally ineffective in the 1st quarter and a half against B-more's run D, should the Saints staff consider sitting him down and letting him rest that hammy some more, and pound Stecker into that Ravens front? ...Just a thought.

Ravens have a very good run defense, so no. If Deuce is ineffective it's probably not due to his hammy. And since you can't go outside on the Ravens LBs, you need Deuce's inside running.

We really needed to carry 4 RBs so Deuce has a backup. Stecker is essentially Bush's backup.

Somehow 'pound' and 'Stecker' just don't seem to go together...

We really needed to carry 4 RBs so Deuce has a backup. Stecker is essentially Bush's backup.

I totally agree with that... We need another bigger, power type RB to back up the Deuce. Poops McGee, I mean Najeh Davenport would've been a good fit... I'm gonna give my vote to you in the rep points thingy because I think that's a great point!

Last edited:
I totally agree with that... We need another bigger, power type RB to back up the Deuce. Poops McGee, I mean Najeh Davenport would've been a good fit... I'm gonna give my vote to you in the rep points thingy because I think that's a great point!

A Brandon Jacobs type 4th round pick would not displease me at all this coming draft (especially since we have like 3 of those)

SAINTS= BALANCED TEAM ravens=good defense, poor offense

Only because of Steck's lack of size... I'm impressed with the way Stecker will hit the hole hard and stick his head in there. He runs hard for a smallish guy.

I agree he's fearless and he is a 'fall-forward' type back (Bush take note), but I can't see him as a 'thumper' to pound a D. LSSpam may be on to something, but do many teams carry 4 HB's or do most resort to using a FB?

Could Karney 'pound' with the 2nd team FB leading the way? He seems to have decent moves and speed for a guy his size.

A Brandon Jacobs type 4th round pick would not displease me at all this coming draft (especially since we have like 3 of those)

I would absolutely LOVE for the Saints to get Brian Leonard out of Rutgers... He's a 6'2" RB/FB tweener with good speed, great hands, and good strength and athleticsm. He won't be there in the 4th though.

Deshawn Wynn out of Florida is a bigger, stout, RB that could be there on the 2nd day due to his lack of speed.

...Could Karney 'pound' with the 2nd team FB leading the way? He seems to have decent moves and speed for a guy his size.

I don't know about Karney, but Keith Joseph could have filled that role before he got injured. He's a tough runner.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom