How did Davenport do? (1 Viewer)

grammysweets

Kiss my Converse!
Reaction score
The game wasn’t televised here so I didn’t get to watch it aside from some highlights. How did the rook do?

We need to make a move ASAP regarding pressuring the QB. Yes our secondary needs improvement but getting pressure on the QB can also improve pass coverage because the QB doesn’t have all day to comfortably find a wide open receiver.

I don’t think for one second we will trade for anybody that could help us rush the QB but hypothetically who could be available?

We need to make a move ASAP regarding pressuring the QB. Yes our secondary needs improvement but getting pressure on the QB can also improve pass coverage because the QB doesn’t have all day to comfortably find a wide open receiver.

I don’t think for one second we will trade for anybody that could help us rush the QB but hypothetically who could be available?
Pass rush isn't the issue, we'd be getting a lot more sacks if we could cover.

Pass rush isn't the issue, we'd be getting a lot more sacks if we could cover.
Wrong.

Flacco had all day in the pocket to throw. This has been the case all season with an exception to the Washington game. How on earth can you say it isn’t an issue? It’s hard for the cornerbacks to cover when their QB has 5 seconds to stand in the pocket. Eventually they will find somebody no matter how good your cornerbacks are. It would be different if Flacco was getting the ball out quickly but he wasn’t. The lack of consistent pass rush is a big issue. Both need to improve massively but it’s not all on the cornerbacks like you indicate.

Wrong.

Flacco had all day in the pocket to throw. This has been the case all season with an exception to the Washington game. How on earth can you say it isn’t an issue? It’s hard for the cornerbacks to cover when their QB has 5 seconds to stand in the pocket. Eventually they will find somebody no matter how good your cornerbacks are. It would be different if Flacco was getting the ball out quickly but he wasn’t. The lack of consistent pass rush is a big issue. Both need to improve massively but it’s not all on the cornerbacks like you indicate.
This argument again? I’m not sure if it’s the chicken or the egg!! But you guys seem confident in your analysis ??‍♂️??‍♂️??‍♂️

This argument again? I’m not sure if it’s the chicken or the egg!! But you guys seem confident in your analysis ??‍♂️??‍♂️??‍♂️
Dude it’s both, yes our secondary play hasn’t been good but neither has our pass rush. They work in sync. Get more pass rush then it’s easier to cover. Have all day to throw then breakdowns in coverage happen. We need help in both aspects. Patrick Peterson would be a great addition to start with.

From my view whenever our defense got within 5 feet of Flacco, he threw a duck. Otherwise, he had enough time to call 311, report a code violation on a blighted house, and actually wait for the City of New Orleans to adjudicate it and tear it down before throwing the ball. And the later happened way more than the former.

He gets doubled more than I expected. There’s a Raven highlight throw where Davenport got put to the ground pretty bad.

In the second quarter he went straight through their LT, and got to Flacco just as the ball left his fingertips. I'm not sure why it wasn't recorded as a QB hit.

Aside from that I didn't see much of him. Not sure why because Okafor seemed to be really slow off the line.

Payton says it all the time,"We have to affect the passer." Saints defense did not affect the passer much yesterday. A consistent pass rush is key to a successful defense. The Ravens put consistent pressure on QBs with only a 4-man pass rush and the result is the NFLs #1 defense.

Conspicuously absent until a 4th quarter face mask that kept a drive alive.

You know what? I'm fine with the face mask because it's correctable and it means he got to the QB. As fans, we always tend to complain about our own teams faults without giving enough credit to the opponents on the other side of the ball. That "toughest part of our schedule" that people keep talking about has already started with the Ravens, and we were able to get the win.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom