How did I miss this story? (Ahmaud Arbery shooting in Georgia)[MERGED] (4 Viewers)

Sandman

Trustworthy
Staff member
Administrator
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Here is the story with the video. It shows a man getting shot and killed.

This happened back in February. I didn't hear anything about this. The local DA initially did not want to charge the shooters (one was a former police officer). The shooters claim that they were trying to make a citizen's arrest, saying Arbery fit the discription of someone suspected of committing a string of robberies. Arbery wrestles with one of the gunmen and is shot dead in the street. The original DA says that it was self-defense at that point.

I call b.s. on that. This guy is out for a run, is ambushed by a group of white guys with guns playing cop. His actions were completely reasonable, and theirs were not. Arbery had no stolen material on him, and according to his family, he was out for a run. These men need to go to jail for a long time.

Last edited by a moderator:

tomwaits

Frontier Psychiatrist
Reaction score
Well, at least a SWAT team didn't shoot him in his sleep like they do in Maryland.

Also the DA sent a letter to the guy's parents saying if they joined a protest, they would be arrested for violating stay at home orders.

Reaction score
How many people go for a run in khakis?
Also the perp has history and was arrested for trying to enter a school with a gun.
The DA is claming that their is a video out there of him in the act on a property committing the crime.
Also it was stated that thefts had stopped in the neighborhood.

Im waiting for the trial. I dont agree that the man should have lost his life over this, although the video looks like the man was fighting the party, which happens to be a former cop, with the gun who was asking the guy to stop so they could perform a citizens arrest.

Ill remain silent until trial.

Update: So he wasnt just "jogging"

Again, I want to say, I dont feel the young man deserved to lose his life over this. But there is a video out there. I bet these guys were waiting for him, as robberies have been reported in the neighborhood. They should have called the cops and let the police handle it.
I apologize, as he was not wearing boots, like I said he was.
As much as it is an outrage, they are using his highschool picture of him.

Last edited:

Semper

Super Forum Fanatic
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Also the perp has history and was arrested for trying to enter a school with a gun.
The DA is claming that their is a video out there of him in the act on a property committing the crime.

Im waiting for the trial. I dont agree that the man should have lost his life over this, although the video looks like the man was fighting the party, which happens to be a former cop, with the gun who was asking the guy to stop so they could perform a citizens arrest.

Are you sure you dont want to just jump to a conclusion based on one side of the story?

guidomerkinsrules

W H A T E V I R
VIP Contributor
Reaction score

I think you’re confusing ‘remaining silent’ with ‘providing no evidence to backup my statements’

UncleTrvlingJim

Administrator
Administrator
VIP Contributor
Reaction score

Is it legal to respond with lethal force while making a citizens arrest if your life is not in danger?

If anyone walks up to me and claims they are making a citizens arrest, am I obligated to surrender myself to them?

WhoDatPhan78

Definitely not part of the deep state.
Reaction score
This is forked up. Textbook hate crime.

I oppose the death penalty, but these guys should never see the light of day again.

I am not interested in their side of the story.

Humperdoo

Who Dat.
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score

Super44

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
The sad reality is, it happens way too often. And it can happen anywhere, anytime, too anyone! We are living in very disturbing times. It is sickening.

guidomerkinsrules

W H A T E V I R
VIP Contributor
Reaction score

Loose Cannon

Tangibles
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
This was premeditated murder. Took them two months to even start any sort of investigation into the murderers. Just absolutely filthy and disgusting.

Death penalty for father and son. Felony conspiracy charges for anyone in the police departments and DA's office in Georgia who was shown to do anything even remotely in the ballpark of a coverup.

Obviously none of that will happen. If it even goes to trial, the defense will get a few suburban white morons on the jury that will never vote guilty because they, like the two murderers in the story, see a black man in a white neighborhood as a credible reason to open fire.

I can only hope that the black and brown communities eventually say enough is enough and start taking things into their own hands, because the justice system, especially in SEC states, is never going to handle it. I would vote to acquit any black man who killed the two murderers in this story.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)

Headlines

Top Bottom