How did I miss this story? (Ahmaud Arbery shooting in Georgia)[MERGED] (2 Viewers)

You guys are still casually slinging around accusations of racism I see. Outstanding.

ahhhhh i sure dont miss the "drive by" posts you are noted for.

There is a discussion being had on 13 pages and you wait for the one post on page 13 to single out and comment on.

Outstanding indeed.

MAP board got too benign for you?

So apparently armed Black Panthers showed up outside the home of the guy who filmed this whole ordeal's home. Wonder if the NRA will stand with them in solidarity? (Joke of course).

That guy (the filmer) is an accessory to murder.

for what reason? intimidation?

Not cool imo. The justice system is working thru all the evidence. Is he guilty of accessory? i wouldnt go that far. But if not calling 911 at the time of witnessing a murder is accessory to murder, thats the law in place and thats what he will be charged with. I dont necessarily agree with that notion because we dont walk in his shoes. A ton of outside factors to consider when you look at the whole picture.

From our narrow vantage point, it certainly seems as though he was apathetic to the victim. But that can change as the lens is set to wide angle.

Nope. You're lying to yourself but this ain't the thread reopen it. Not one freaking difference. If there is a difference, it's what happened to a kid is even more egregious. Your post proves how some people just need video evidence for murdering black people when it should be blatantly obvious without it.

I already said that the Zimmerman case was a miscarriage of justice (Zimmerman should have been found guilty of murder imo). I'm just saying the circumstances are different. :shrug:

Do you really want me to list them all?

I'll just list one. Zimmerman was alone. This case involved at least two criminals in addition to the victim. The Zimmerman case occurred at night. This case during the day.

Last edited:
So apparently armed Black Panthers showed up outside the home of the guy who filmed this whole ordeal's home. Wonder if the NRA will stand with them in solidarity? (Joke of course).

That guy (the filmer) is an accessory to murder.

I'm not saying he was or he wasn't. I don't know. Do we charge bystanders and witnesses for being an accessory? What evidence do you have that he was an accessory? Maybe I missed it, but I haven't read that he's being charged as an accessory.

From the one story I read, I understand that he claimed to have told the police about his video. If he did, there should be a record of it. If he didn't, then by all means charge him.

I'm not saying he was or he wasn't. I don't know. Do we charge bystanders and witnesses for being an accessory? What evidence do you have that he was an accessory? Maybe I missed it, but I haven't read that he's being charged as an accessory.

From the one story I read, I understand that he claimed to have told the police about his video. If he did, there should be a record of it. If he didn't, then by all means charge him.

From my understanding he took the video with the intent of it exonerating the actions of the two that initiated the killing.

for what reason? intimidation?

Not cool imo. The justice system is working thru all the evidence. Is he guilty of accessory? i wouldnt go that far. But if not calling 911 at the time of witnessing a murder is accessory to murder, thats the law in place and thats what he will be charged with. I dont necessarily agree with that notion because we dont walk in his shoes. A ton of outside factors to consider when you look at the whole picture.

From our narrow vantage point, it certainly seems as though he was apathetic to the victim. But that can change as the lens is set to wide angle.

Definitely intimidation. If the guy was intending on justifying a killing, I don't mind him being scared for his life. Only him though. Is it legal? Seems to be riding the line. But it does bring to light the stark difference in when white and black people exercise their right to bear arms.

I mean, could you imagine if armed black protestors stormed to those state buildings in Michigan?

I think it goes without saying the response would be different..

From my understanding he took the video with the intent of it exonerating the actions of the two that initiated the killing.

How do we know this? I'm pretty sure that's what the attorney stated, not him. Basically the attorney said he wanted to make it public so that it corroborates the story the two guys told. Which of course actually has had the opposite effect. I don't think he was speaking on behalf of the guy who gave him the video.

In a FB group I belong to there is some posted video of the victim looking around in a house under construction. He spends a few minutes in there looking at the walls, etc. He doesn't take anything and then continues on his run. Some of the individuals feel that this perceived trespassing gives the suspects a reason to follow him, contrary to their alleged statement of "he looked like a prior burglary suspect". I looked up GA laws on trespassing and I don't think it sticks as far as trespassing of the victim. As one poster stated, even the cops couldn't of shot him, and I as a former use of force instructor, agree.

The same group of people on my FB feed who believe the virus is a hoax and that Trump was framed by Obama are posting that video and saying it's proof of a justified homocide and that he was burglarizing the house.

The same group of people on my FB feed who believe the virus is a hoax and that Trump was framed by Obama are posting that video and saying it's proof of a justified homocide and that he was burglarizing the house.

Hardly surprising.

another case of vigilante justice

Luckily no deaths
======================================
A group of white people armed with weapons demanded entry into the home of a black woman and her son in Pender County, N.C., late last Sunday night and refused to leave.

Reportedly leading the group was a member of the New Hanover Sheriff’s Office, Deputy Jordan Kita, who was armed and in uniform during the incident in question despite being off-duty and employed in a different county.

The mob claimed they were on the lookout for someone named Josiah in connection with the disappearance of a young girl, according to James Lea, an attorney now representing the family. They wouldn’t take no for an answer when Monica Shepard and her son, Dameon, a high school senior, told them repeatedly that no one by that name lived at that residence.................

What the hell is wrong with people?

Thanks. After reading that, sure seems like the guy recording the guy running called 911. From the sound of it, he probably told the killers that the victim was snooping around at the property under construction and they need to confront him.

If he coordinated this with them, he needs to be chaged with murder as well. Some people are just terrible.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom