How did I miss this story? (Ahmaud Arbery shooting in Georgia)[MERGED] (2 Viewers)

It’s insane watching the rationalizing of this murder on Twitter and other social media outlets. “They has the authority to make a citizen’s arrest and he tried to fight so they had to defend themselves” this comes from the same people who cheered on others who disobeyed police orders or lawmakers regarding social distancing or lockdown. What a difference a week makes when it comes to complying.

of course they’re also digging into Arbery’s past now hoping to find some nugget to further justify a lynching. It’s disgusting. To follow up on Loose Cannon’s point I don’t think this stops until blacks start killing random white guys and then claiming citizen’s arrest or other legal loopholes. Quite suddenly we’d see a change in tone to those crimes.

Even if Arbery was a burglar (and that’s a huge if) they had no authority to arrest him and especially to kill him. Last I heard summary execution isn’t the sentence for theft. Random good old boys dont get to larp as the police, judge, jury, and executioner.

Does anyone know anything about the person who filmed this video? I’m assuming there must be a connection between that person and the murderers.

Does anyone know anything about the person who filmed this video? I’m assuming there must be a connection between that person and the murderers.

I was wondering this as well. Why would whoever video this be doing it in the first place. Seems a bit odd.

Terrible story though. The shooters need to go a way for a long time.

Good, but why did it take over 2 months? They should have been arrested that day. The uneven application of policing drives me crazy and worsens the distrust people already have of the police.

Because the DA didn't want to charge them at first.

Good, but why did it take over 2 months? They should have been arrested that day. The uneven application of policing drives me crazy and worsens the distrust people already have of the police.
Race aside - and it’s obviously a huge part of this - here a podcast called “Culpable”
It’s about a murder in meridian, Mississippi that was shamefully ruled a suicide
Too long to get into here but a corrupt DA is at the center of it - and the only reason the case ever moved foreward is bc the victim’s mom just refused to let it go

As I said above...only because it got traction on social media. Had it not been for that, they would have left it swept under the rug.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom