How did I miss this story? (Ahmaud Arbery shooting in Georgia)[MERGED] (4 Viewers)

"Alright, if the two dudes were wearing Klan masks, signed by David Duke, driving a Ford, not GMC, a Ford pickup, with a rebel flag that has the inscription "my heritage", while listening to post-Obama Ted Nugent, and while murdering him they used the N-word a minimum of six times, and after killing him they castrated him and burned his body and left their "Kill all Blacks" manifesto at the scene...then yes, I will concede this looks like a hate crime."
“...the burden of proof is not on the hate!”

and this is followed quickly by, “oh, yeah Jesse Smollet did that ****”
Clockwork

Last edited:
DALLAS — I wish going for a run were as simple as lacing up my shoes and pounding the pavement. Sadly, this couldn’t be further from the truth.

Before I step outside of the house, I run through a mental checklist:

Is my beard too thick?

Is it too dark outside?

Am I dressed like a runner? God forbid I wear mesh b-ball shorts and a loose T-shirt in the suburbs of Dallas.

Then, while on the run, I have to consider:

Is my rap music too loud? Can they hear it?

Does my cap, worn backward, send the wrong message?

Do I open up my stride now or wait until I get out of the neighborhood and into the open roads so I don’t appear to be running away from something or someone?

How many times have I looked over my shoulder on this block? Does that look suspicious?.............

a lot of people really have no idea

with so many stereotypes out there, a lot of consideration and calculation goes into thought before action that so many of us don't need to and take for granted that we don't need to, because we've never had to and many of us aren't even aware other people have to think like this

families I've worked with have talked about not bringing all of their kids to the supermarket because they don't want to be judged as a "welfare mom" with a bunch of baby daddies - even when it's an nuclear a family as you can imagine. Women not raising their voices because they don't want to be seen as the stereotypical loud, obnoxious black female. Black students eating unfair discipline and disparaging - even racist - remarks and comments in class because a teacher has the power and they don't want to seem the 'behavioral problem black student.' Dads, as males, who have professional jobs and over-compensate for their vernacular and dialect to sound as legitimate as their less formal white colleagues and peers. Changing clothes before and after school to accommodate the neighborhoods they'll be walking in. More circuitous walking routes home along wider streets with more foot traffic to feel less a threat to other people. Interactions with cops.

The list goes on for so long.

And this list - for the most part - has nothing to do with them as people and everything to do with their ethnicity and the assumptions of people who have the power or comprise the dominant majority.

To think that there isn't privilege here is denial.

But people need to get over a single-mindedness of this term. People are happy to split semantic hairs when it comes to other words and social dynamics. Even in this thread, "It's not racist because of......" but we can't complicate the word "privilege"?

It has to mean that you life in a mansion and were born into a billionaire's family? Nah.

Call it advantage or whatever else, then, if you can get past a single word.

But your denial doesn't somehow magically *poof* it out of existence.

I wish it were that easy.

sense that i get is that the covid anxiety and the leadership vacuum leads to a sense that some deplorable people understand that their opportunity to openly demonstrate their hate has a shelf life that turns in the Fall
i imagine many more of these types of encounters over the summer
sadly

I think the McMichael's will be going to jail for a long time. They did not witness Abery committing a crime. They approached him in an aggressive manor and brandished weapons. At that point, I see it valid that Abery would fear for his life and defend himself. The McMichael's elevated the situation to an unacceptable level. That's my prediction at least.

The retired police detective facing murder charges in the shooting of Ahmaud Arbery was stripped of his power to arrest people at least twice in his career for repeatedly skipping use-of-force training, his personnel records show.
Gregory McMichael, who’s being held in a Georgia detention center with his co-defendant son, ended up losing his law enforcement certification just four months before he retired last year, according to documents obtained by The Washington Post this week.

White people gonna white.

Terrible, but I've seen much worse. And I honestly wouldn't have had the same restraint the driver had. Good for him, but he shouldn't have to deal with butt crevasses like the two guys asking stupid questions and trying to insult his intelligence.

How the idiot is president of anything beats the heck out of me. I hope the HOA is embarrassed enough to boot his arse from the neighborhood.

A group of black men exercising their Second Amendment rights showed up in the Georgia neighborhood where Ahmaud Arbery was killed to demonstrate for freedom and liberty because...

Oh, wait, I’m showing my journalistic bias by reporting this story in the same way that outlets reported on the white protesters who storm state capital buildings and order $5 foot-longs at Subway while cosplaying their favorite Call of Dutyavatars.

My bad. Sometimes I be on that “all men are created equal” shirt

Instead, I’ll defer to an objective organization like CBS 46:.........

Of course, the story doesn’t mention that the gun-toting negro thugs were part of a group of more than 1,000 people. They probably also forgot to write the part where the crowd terrorized the neighborhood by furiously releasing balloons, as WTOC reports.

Of course, the WTOC story made sure to differentiate between the peaceful protesters who were honoring Arbery and the black militants who were also peaceful and also honoring Arbery.

But that’s understandable. I mean, look at these scary black men acting the same way as white men who are never arrested..........

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom