How did I miss this story? (Ahmaud Arbery shooting in Georgia)[MERGED] (3 Viewers)

A group of black men exercising their Second Amendment rights showed up in the Georgia neighborhood where Ahmaud Arbery was killed to demonstrate for freedom and liberty because...

Oh, wait, I’m showing my journalistic bias by reporting this story in the same way that outlets reported on the white protesters who storm state capital buildings and order $5 foot-longs at Subway while cosplaying their favorite Call of Dutyavatars.

My bad. Sometimes I be on that “all men are created equal” shirt

Instead, I’ll defer to an objective organization like CBS 46:.........

Of course, the story doesn’t mention that the gun-toting negro thugs were part of a group of more than 1,000 people. They probably also forgot to write the part where the crowd terrorized the neighborhood by furiously releasing balloons, as WTOC reports.

Of course, the WTOC story made sure to differentiate between the peaceful protesters who were honoring Arbery and the black militants who were also peaceful and also honoring Arbery.

But that’s understandable. I mean, look at these scary black men acting the same way as white men who are never arrested..........

While I agree with the sentiment of that article, it's a bit too far IMHO. I don't like that it goes into the police keeping an eye on the armed men in a large protest. If course they did. Just as the police keep an eye on the armed white men. That they exercised restraint and did not escalate the situation tells me the writer is assigning his own bias and creating a story which ironically he is accusing others of doing.

It was a strong start that ultimately left me feeling like just another person trying to put a wedge into our culture.

Give credit where it's due and call out the wrong. Going beyond that to assign nefarious motive sinks to the level you're calling out making you no better.

The latest.

‘Deeply disturbing’: Sister of alleged killer of Ahmaud Arbery shared Snapchat of black jogger’s dead body

Lindsay McMichael admitted her picture ‘was poor judgement’, as more video emerges showing police ‘harassment’

:jpshakehead:

This case is so simple.

It’s not whites being racist.

It’s these backwoods wannabe vigilantes being complete idiots.

They don’t represent the white race.
They are members of the white race, but aren’t the poster child.
They are without a doubt racist idiots.

Just like when a black person committs a crime, it’s one person being an idiot.
It’s not representative of the black race.

It is what it is, nothing more.

Its not indicative of anything, as whites aren’t hunting and killing blacks all over the place (despite what Lebron says). Nor are blacks committing crimes all over the place, even as one commits a crime.

There are roughly 234,000,000 white people in the US. These 2 jokers are just 2 idiots....not even a blip on the radar. If the Rose Bowl was filled every day by different white people....(100,000 K a day) it would be filled for 2,340 days (that’s 6.5 years) before the two idiots finally walked in.

I know someone will say.....corrupt politics, wouldn’t have been sniffed if no video.
That’s possibly true, and possibly not. No one knows for sure either way, because it was released, and they were arrested.

There are more idiots out there, white and black. It sucks, but there are. However, it’s a very small percentage, and no matter how much we protest, teach, whatever, there will always be crazy idiots who are racist.

So my advice is simple. Live your life as a humble and serving person, helpful and kind to others, white and black.....and there’s a HIGH chance life will work out for you.

Last edited:
This case is so simple.

Its not indicative of anything, as whites aren’t hunting and killing blacks all over the place (despite what Lebron says). Nor are blacks committing crimes all over the place, even as one commits a crime.

There are roughly 234,000,000 white people in the US. These 2 jokers are just 2 idiots....not even a blip on the radar. If the Rose Bowl was filled every day by different white people....(100,000 K a day) it would be filled for 2,340 days (that’s 6.5 years) before the two idiots finally walked in.

I know someone will say.....corrupt politics, wouldn’t have been sniffed if no video.
That’s possibly true, and possibly not. No one knows for sure either way, because it was released, and they were arrested.

There are more idiots out there, white and black. It sucks, but there are. However, it’s a very small percentage, and no matter how much we protest, teach, whatever, there will always be crazy idiots who are racist.

So my advice is simple. Live your life as a humble and serving person, helpful and kind to others, white and black.....and there’s a HIGH chance life will work out for you.
perfectly said

This case is so simple.

Is it humility for an unaffected party to tell affected parties what is/isn’t racist?
I’d offer that’s the opposite of humility

This case is so simple.

Yea, this is pretty much how racists try to explain away racism.

Is it humility for an unaffected party to tell affected parties what is/isn’t racist?
I’d offer that’s the opposite of humility

That’s true. I agree 100%.

I would imagine this was a racist act.
But I’m not in the head of the two loonies, so I don’t know. Neither do you. Or anyone except the two loonies.

Therefore the only people qualified to say if this is racist are those two, that’s it.

What I do know are these two idiots don’t represent a race of people any more than the kindest guy in the world doesn’t represent a race.

I would think we agree that they are not good people though.

Yea, this is pretty much how racists try to explain away racism.
What the fork are you talking about?
Is it not a fact that 2 white guys killed this black guy?
That is a fact.

Another fact is those two white guys don’t represent the white race. They are not a blip on the radar of the white race. They make up .000000008% of the white race.

You are in essence calling me a racist because of.....I’m not even sure what blanket statement you are trying to shoot for here.

It’s an unfortunate issue when people blankety refer to “racism” in vague terms, as you did to me.

Your quote.....”This is pretty much how racists try to explain away racism”.....you’ve got to be kidding me??????

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom