How did I miss this story? (Ahmaud Arbery shooting in Georgia)[MERGED] (5 Viewers)

I disagree. I think it shows professionalism from the first cop, the second cop appears to be more of a meathead.

You put “drug activity area” in quotes.....I’m assuming that would be a bias as I’m guessing you haven’t been to that park in Brunswick GA to know whether it’s drug infested or not.

If it is a suspected drug area, and a lone car is parked far away from any parking lot, in that area, I would expect the police to at least check it out.

And when you do check it out, if the person becomes highly agitated and cussing, well the police do have a job.

It’s just my opinion, but I thought the first cop handled it well. Not so much for Mr. Arbery’s reaction.

Again, my opinion.

i guess I wouldn’t be ecstatic if the police approached me for just sitting in my car. And any park in the country can be a known drug area. Who hasn’t gotten high at a park?

Hell, I'd be highly agitated too if cops were bothering me without any sort of probable cause.

“Bothering me”??

That cop couldn’t have been nicer until the guy became aggressive.

The cop was doing his job.

If you think that first cop was bad....then we’ll never see this the same.

Same guy.

This is the way a cop should handle it......very calm during a potentially tense situation.

Not a good look for Mr. Arbery.

What does this "look" have to do with what ultimately happened to him? I'm pretty sure he was a ice hole at different points in his life. Just like you. Just like me.

Does that justify what happened to him at the hands to two random strange murderers? Was he not docile enough before he got gunned down by those men or something?

How does what happened there in 2017 and your perceived "not a good look" tie into anything?

Not only was it not necessary, that's assault in my book.

I agree, the taser (which didn’t work?) was over the top.
Maybe “attempted” assault.....cause that taser didn’t do jack 🤣🤣
What does this "look" have to do with what ultimately happened to him? I'm pretty sure he was a butt crevasse at different points in his life. Just like you. Just like me.

Does that justify what happened to him at the hands to two random strange murderers? Was he not docile enough before he got gunned down by those men or something?

How does what happened there in 2017 and your perceived "not a good look" tie into anything?
Good point and you are right.
Of course he didn’t deserve to die, regardless of past behavior.

I'm trying to imagine scenarios where an officer of the law attempts to use a taser on someone but later that person is allowed to leave.

Here's the article with video. Doesn't seem necessary to shoot that taser.

It's the usual situation. The second officer rushes on, thinks the worst, and acts before knowing what is going on. "I already searched him".... "oh..."

Same guy.

This is the way a cop should handle it......very calm during a potentially tense situation.

Not a good look for Mr. Arbery.

Wow. They way it should be handled? “Not a good look for Mr. Arbery”?

Did we read the same article?

It’s as if it’s out of a playbook...

Oye said:
The post-event treatment and publicity of the 'trespassing' accusations with video that might not even be the guy (the 'they all look alike') as mitigating the 'deservedness'? Yes.

absolutely predictable

What does this "look" have to do with what ultimately happened to him?
Does that justify what happened to him at the hands to two random strange murderers?
These are the two questions that immediately popped into my head when I saw that post. I can't speak for others but for me, when I post a link to an article that is relevant to the topic of discussion, I usually do so because I perceive it to be beneficial to my argument.

@Outbackjack Why is a 2017 video of the murder victim relevant to the discussion at hand? What was to be gained from posting the video....and I mean this as a direct question to @Outbackjack. What was your intention for posting this video?

Posting this would be akin to posting videos of Nicole Simpson or Ron Goldman talking to each other at a restaurant 2 years before allegedly being murdered by OJ Simpson. What was the "gain" from posting this?

Man, I'm trying not to accuse you of anything or draw too many conclusions but this is an all too common occurrence when there is a situation like this. Someone is captured on video getting murdered either by the police or by a vigilante claiming self-defense and immediately a group springs into action to find anything that can be perceived as negative against the victim.

This is so disappointing to me to see this video posted here. It serves not purpose, IMO, other than to try to paint the murder victim in a negative light. I'm all for punishing people to the fullest extent of the law...from shop lifters to presidents. This man committed no crime on the day he was murdered. This man was chased by two people armed with weapons in a pickup truck then had his egress blocked by one of them holding a shotgun.

So @Outbackjack, if you were out for a morning run and two black guys started chasing after you in a truck and then caught up to you and one of them jumped out with a shotgun blocking your exit what would you do? IMO, there was simply no value added to this discussion by posting that video. Frankly, I find it a damn shame that you posted it.

A man that committed no crime was chased down by two armed individuals who would not allow him to go on his way. Faced with a life or death situation, he decided to fight for his life and lost. Yet the internet is searched to find video of the murder victim but no articles or background info on the murderers.

I wouldnt give a sheet if he had previously served time for assault or dealing drugs. I wouldnt care if they had video of him stealing tools from the job site. I wouldnt care because none of it would have any relevance to what happened.

He could have taken a dump in the house, stolen some tools, and walked out and screamed "fork ALL WHITE PEOPLE" and I still wouldnt care becasue none of that gives those two the right to corner and murder him.

Based on the information available, give them the death penalty and there needs to be a federal investigation into the local police

I wouldnt give a sheet if he had previously served time for assault or dealing drugs. I wouldnt care if they had video of him stealing tools from the job site. I wouldnt care because none of it would have any relevance to what happened.

He could have taken a dump in the house, stolen some tools, and walked out and screamed "fork ALL WHITE PEOPLE" and I still wouldnt care becasue none of that gives those two the right to corner and murder him.

Based on the information available, give them the death penalty and there needs to be a federal investigation into the local police

What if he was wearing khaki shorts?

I disagree. I think it shows professionalism from the first cop, the second cop appears to be more of a meathead.

You put “drug activity area” in quotes.....I’m assuming that would be a bias as I’m guessing you haven’t been to that park in Brunswick GA to know whether it’s drug infested or not.

If it is a suspected drug area, and a lone car is parked far away from any parking lot, in that area, I would expect the police to at least check it out.

And when you do check it out, if the person becomes highly agitated and cussing, well the police do have a job.

It’s just my opinion, but I thought the first cop handled it well. Not so much for Mr. Arbery’s reaction.

Again, my opinion.
So being black in a public park is now probable cause.

And more importantly, what forking relevance does this have toward an unrelated incident of him being gunned down?

It’s almost as if you brought up this entirely unrelated matter(which in context appears like a bunch of racist cops harassing a black person) to put a shadow on his character in the context of his murder. Effectively attempting to downplay or indirectly rationalize it.

If not, why the fork are you dragging this sheet in here and framing it as a critical character flaw?

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom