How did I miss this story? (Ahmaud Arbery shooting in Georgia)[MERGED] (3 Viewers)

What does this "look" have to do with what ultimately happened to him? I'm pretty sure he was a butt crevasse at different points in his life. Just like you. Just like me.

Does that justify what happened to him at the hands to two random strange murderers? Was he not docile enough before he got gunned down by those men or something?

How does what happened there in 2017 and your perceived "not a good look" tie into anything?

Victim blaming. It's on page 1 of the playbook.

sorry to thread jack but since the main thread was moved to the old PDB it's not accessible I thought I'd put it here

So this guy had the cops called on him for daring to ask this woman to follow the rules and put her dog on a leash

Not buying this woman's "apology" at all "Words are just words"

Calling the cops and saying that "a black guy is threatening my life" are NOT just words
=================================================
Amy Cooper told CNN she wanted to "publicly apologize to everyone."

"I'm not a racist. I did not mean to harm that man in any way," she said, adding that she also didn't mean any harm to the African American community.

She was walking her dog Monday while Christian Cooper was bird watching at a wooded area of Central Park called the Ramble.

Amy Cooper and Christian Cooper are not related.

They both told CNN the dispute began because Amy Cooper's dog was not on a leash. Dogs are supposed to be leashed at all times in the Ramble, according to the park's website...........

"I'm taking a picture and calling the cops," Amy Cooper is heard saying in the video. "I'm going to tell them there's an African American man threatening my life."

The New York Police Department told CNN when officers responded, neither Christian Cooper nor Amy Cooper were present. No arrests or summonses were made, according to NYPD.

"I think I was just scared," Amy Cooper said. "When you're alone in the Ramble, you don't know what's happening. It's not excusable, it's not defensible."

She told CNN that since the video was posted, her "entire life is being destroyed right now."..............

only racists use the phrase "i'm not racist"
In that sort of context, sure. I've said "I'm not racist" a few times when discussing racism with my sister and BIL. Usually when discussing members of the family who include me in their chain emails of racist or super far right "funny" emails.

So if someone asks you if you're racist, how do you answer? :scratch:
"like everyone else, i struggle with racism, but..."
(only slight exaggeration)
but any qualifier like that must be given by an involved party
- like if you wanted to know if i'm racist or not, it would make more sense to ask my wife and students

"like everyone else, i struggle with racism, but..."
(only slight exaggeration)
but any qualifier like that must be given by an involved party
- like if you wanted to know if i'm racist or not, it would make more sense to ask my wife and students

I guess, but the question is being asked of you. I'm not sure anyone is gonna go around asking people who know you what they think. I've never done that, nor felt the need to. But then, I've never asked anyone they're racist (aside from me asking you :hihi:). I was just curious how you'd answer.

Usually, I figure I can get an idea whether someone is racist by how they act and treat people.

Interesting to think about anyway.

I guess, but the question is being asked of you. I'm not sure anyone is gonna go around asking people who know you what they think. I've never done that, nor felt the need to. But then, I've never asked anyone they're racist (aside from me asking you :hihi:). I was just curious how you'd answer.

Usually, I figure I can get an idea whether someone is racist by how they act and treat people.

Interesting to think about anyway.
are you a good person?

And when you do check it out, if the person becomes highly agitated and cussing, well the police do have a job.

If I were a black man, and the police walked up to me with no actual probable cause, I'd be agitated to.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom