How did I miss this story? (Ahmaud Arbery shooting in Georgia)[MERGED] (1 Viewer)

Maybe @superchuck500 can explain the Malice Murder thing for us (me)

Traditional murder classifications made a distinction between a pre-planned murder (first degree) and murder that arises in a heat of passion type event. Both required intent to kill.

Modern statutes take different views. The Georgia malice murder is "deliberate intention unlawfully to take the life of another human being" where "no considerable provocation appears" and in which the killer shows "an abandoned and malignant heart."

It seems to take the time element away and focus more on the intent to kill another who did not provoke it. It is just as serious as first degree but doesn’t require some plan to kill.

to be fair, most people that watch Tucker Carlson struggle with written words...
There is nothing "fair" in that statement. And dropping an outlook like that would go a long way towards finding more unity rather than to continue dividing. There are many outlets and hosts I loathe as well, but I don't presuppose that those who watch them are troglodytes. I only imagine that we disagree on some points, but not necessarily all.

There is nothing "fair" in that statement. And dropping an outlook like that would go a long way towards finding more unity rather than to continue dividing. There are many outlets and hosts I loathe as well, but I don't presuppose that those who watch them are troglodytes. I only imagine that we disagree on some points, but not necessarily all.
As is the way of it now. The Tribalism trumps humanity, but humanity's survival for 1000s of years was dependent upon tribalism, so it's hard for people to break away from their instincts.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom