How did I miss this story? (Ahmaud Arbery shooting in Georgia)[MERGED] (1 Viewer)

This ignores that these segments are almost always tailored for the show, the guest and most importantly the audience.

You take that back. Kristen Schaal is cute as a button and also my vampire step-mommy (Natasia Demetriou is my real vampire mommy).

It was a segment about Sinclair gobbling up local news stations all over the country and using those stations to disseminate their own political agenda.

John Oliver does a great job delivering a comical (yet truthful) look on serious problems. His episode on gerrymandering was amazing “have a nice swim in the pool”.

His show has died off a bit, but he did a great job bridging between when Jon Stewart left TDS to now when Stewart’s current show (which is not even as good as his podcast).

While we are on the topic of crazy people and mediums, Joe Rogan has some wild shows that I will often turn off 20 mins in (which is really only 5 mins into the show since the first 15 mins are commercials), but he has some guests on that are great, and incredibly thought provoking. Sadly folks can’t look past the dewormer (and his other hot button topics) to actually listen to his shows. He had an interview with a sleep expert, and another with an infectious disease expert that were both amazingly insightful.

Pod Save America was a great one for a while until they realized the hand that they were biting (Biden) was going to be buttering their bread, so I switched over to Politics War Room w/James Carville (because the ragin Cajun is still bright as a light).

You take that back. Kristen Schaal is cute as a button and also my vampire step-mommy (Natasia Demetriou is my real vampire mommy).
I love her, too. She's just who popped in my head. And now that I've done the "side by side", Kristen is much cuter. And, by the way, I want Nandor.

Many humans go through a traumatic experience at some point in their lives and then spend years after that trying to accept it. Many of us can’t accept the trauma and forgive ourselves of the guilt or shame associated with the trauma. Many of us end up doing destructive things in order to protect ourselves subconsciously without ever really processing the trauma. Macro version of this, Humanity has gone through so many traumatic events that it’s never had the chance to accept the trauma and forgive our self to relieve the shame of our ancestors. We end up continuing a cycle of being destructive, subconsciously in a collective. The wheel keeps turning and without breaking the wheel, we will repeat history over and over. The things we hate so much we end up becoming just like, an eye for an eye instead of forgiveness. We can’t stand racism, yet we end up continuing that hatred for our fellow man through staunch tribalism. We’re so blinded by our beliefs that we can’t even see that we are what we hate. What happened 100 years ago is then. It isn’t now. What happened yesterday will soon become then and not now. Holding on to our past traumas will only serve to continue our destructive tribalism. It’s time for civilization to actually unite through its diversity as civilization should be a mature enough level. By mature, I just mean we are able to communicate instantly all at once as if our collective brain has finally developed. We can keep blaming our ancestors for where we are, but they aren’t here to atone for it. The atonement comes from teaching the next generation not to be like us. As much as we want them to grow up to be just like us. And that’s true for us as well, we learned from our grandparents we try not to make the same mistakes. Anyway, nothing my hippy arse can say on a Saints website will make much of a difference.

footnote: i could have continued writing a book here, but lost the passion for it half way through.

I’d argue corrective lenses not blinders
But that’s a major premise of media literacy, there is no ‘raw data’ in broadcast media - everything is rehearsed, scripted, edited, et al
I’m not saying there is no value to what you see/hear, but it must be understood that’s it’s all engineered

The great benefit of Jon Stewart (and Colbert and Oliver, et al) is they’re at least honest about their dishonesty
My responsibility to myself would be wearing the same corrective lenses if I was watching Rachel Maddow interview a metoo survivor or the like

But as far as Carlson, when Jon Stewart spanked him on his own show decades ago; JS was spot on and TC has done nothing but get substantially worse - he provides no value to the national discourse, but does poison
TX is the worst kind of narcissist. He just says stupid and inflammatory **** just to see what happens, keep the focus on him, and hopefully rile up his base. I’m not even sure TC believes half the garbage he spews.

Owen has really gone full Skip Bayless as a grifter. Just really disappointed in such a brilliant mind only speaks in a one way rhetoric. It's so gimmicky and disgusting.

Close
Until you did this I didn’t think much of it, but there is an actress that’s the spitting image of the DA - can’t think of her name though- always plays world weary moms or older sisters…
Dang what’s her name??
Julie Kavner from Rhoda—and the voice of Marge Simpson.

Nice pull, but the one I’m thinking of is current (probably 40s-50s now), I think British but plays American usually
Imelda Staunton? Think she’s older than that, though.

EDIT: Never mind ... went back and looked at the photo. I’m a mile off.

I had the same sense as you .., that she looked very familiar.

Owen has really gone full Skip Bayless as a grifter. Just really disappointed in such a brilliant mind only speaks in a one way rhetoric. It's so gimmicky and disgusting.

She has a brilliant mind how? Since when?

She gets paid to say the things she says and a lot of it is scripted. And people like her can make a nice living repeating those scripts.

She has a brilliant mind how? Since when?

She gets paid to say the things she says and a lot of it is scripted. And people like her can make a nice living repeating those scripts.
What she did was exploitative, manipulative, and soulless, but how she broke through the extreme alt right meduim is nothing short of brilliant.

Which is why it's such a waste of a brilliant mind.

Many humans go through a traumatic experience at some point in their lives and then spend years after that trying to accept it. Many of us can’t accept the trauma and forgive ourselves of the guilt or shame associated with the trauma. Many of us end up doing destructive things in order to protect ourselves subconsciously without ever really processing the trauma. Macro version of this, Humanity has gone through so many traumatic events that it’s never had the chance to accept the trauma and forgive our self to relieve the shame of our ancestors. We end up continuing a cycle of being destructive, subconsciously in a collective. The wheel keeps turning and without breaking the wheel, we will repeat history over and over. The things we hate so much we end up becoming just like, an eye for an eye instead of forgiveness. We can’t stand racism, yet we end up continuing that hatred for our fellow man through staunch tribalism. We’re so blinded by our beliefs that we can’t even see that we are what we hate. What happened 100 years ago is then. It isn’t now. What happened yesterday will soon become then and not now. Holding on to our past traumas will only serve to continue our destructive tribalism. It’s time for civilization to actually unite through its diversity as civilization should be a mature enough level. By mature, I just mean we are able to communicate instantly all at once as if our collective brain has finally developed. We can keep blaming our ancestors for where we are, but they aren’t here to atone for it. The atonement comes from teaching the next generation not to be like us. As much as we want them to grow up to be just like us. And that’s true for us as well, we learned from our grandparents we try not to make the same mistakes. Anyway, nothing my hippy arse can say on a Saints website will make much of a difference.

footnote: i could have continued writing a book here, but lost the passion for it half way through.
Just asking, but as a young child were you ever hurt by a return key?

As a child I dealt with my own trauma that is none of your business. But I do appreciate you making my trauma hilarious..

As a child I dealt with my own trauma that is none of your business. But I do appreciate you making my trauma hilarious..
Respectfully, I think that poster was making a light-hearted joke/observation about not using paragraphs or line spacing.

I don’t think anyone was mocking anybody’s trauma.

I think this was all meant as friendly.

It was hilarious.

I just wrote it in word and copy pasted and went to bed.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom