How Did Mike Hoss Sound Calling the Games? (1 Viewer)

DerrickB

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Approved Blogger
Reaction score
I haven't got a chance to listen to any games through the audio yet with Hoss calling the games. I will get my first listen this Sunday when they face Carolina. I'll be traveling on the road for work.

Not really a fan of Mike doing PBP. Just being objective here. Great sports guy. Just not a true PBP guy, IMO.

I had the same opinion after hearing him do PBP once. His voice also sounds a little to high for my liking.

Meh. He did not convey much enthusiasm or passion. Deuce had to correct him more than once. I hope he settles in and gets more fire.

Did okay - as mentioned above - he has a LOT of passion for the team. Am hoping that his voice problems clear up over time. He will also get smoother. He is similar to Zach Streif after one game, and Zach ended up doing really well. You can tell that he really CARES.

He was a bit clunky at moments but that can be expected considering it was his first regular season game. Overall I think he did a good job though.

Like Strief, he’ll improve as he gets more games under his belt.
ven with the improvements, I wasn't sold on Zack as PBP. Now if there could have been a 3-headed monster in the booth with he and Deuce doing color commentary like they had with Stinch and Vilma with Joel Meyers in the preseason, that would have been awesome.

I didn't like him at all. thought he was pretty bad. No style, trite responses, no personality. Lot's of flubs . Although i thought Zack was bad at the start I really grew to like him. He had personality and great insight to the game. Zach and Deuce had good chemistry . Hoss is about as exciting as a mud pie

I only listened in the beginning of the second half because I had to run an errand and was in my car. Was able to watch most of it.

I was really disappointed primarily because he would describe what the play was but not tell you the result.

What I mean by that is he would say that it was a running play to the right side, or a passing play to the right side, or that someone had room to run, but then he did not follow that up with how may yards were gained or whether they got the first down or where the new line of scrimmage was. Very hard to figure out what happened when he did that.

Hopefully he will correct that because he could be very good.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom