How Did Mike Hoss Sound Calling the Games? (1 Viewer)

I was not impressed at all. His voice is just not powerful enough when a big play happens. It is almost as if his voice gives out when he goes for the high pitch. The guy bleeds black n gold and he's been an incredible local guy for decades and has many years of experience covering local sports and operating in the media business.

If only he was like 20 years younger.

He called PJ Williams, Marcus Williams on several occasions, and followed that up with "Jameis Williams".

he had some mis-statments etc, he has a "squeaky voice" at times
His voice does go 'squeaky' at times when he gets really excited while calling a play.
I have noticed a few faux pas in his calls, but I'm sure that he still has a lot to learn at this new gig.
At times he really just sounds like any other Who dat fan calling the plays. After all, you can tell that he truly is a big fan!

I was not impressed at all. His voice is just not powerful enough when a big play happens. It is almost as if his voice gives out when he goes for the high pitch. The guy bleeds black n gold and he's been an incredible local guy for decades and has many years of experience covering local sports and operating in the media business.

If only he was like 20 years younger.
I am not sure if it's the spotter's fault or not, but he makes mistakes on yardage spots after a play. I prefer Zack, but he is ok.

I am not sure if it's the spotter's fault or not, but he makes mistakes on yardage spots after a play. I prefer Zack, but he is ok.
"Saints will take over after the punt, at their own 27". Ball will be on the 12 yard line.

I hope he is not long term. I was one of Zach's biggest critics but would prefer him over Hoss all day everyday. Please come back out of retirement Mr. Jim!

His first preseason telecast was a little rocky, but there's been noticeable improvement since then.

I also noticed the raspiness in his voice occasionally, tends to be later in games.

The raspiness reminds me of the one and only Jim Henderson. Jim Henderson made you believe you were actually at the game watching it. I think Mike has improved each and every week. He still seems a bit nervous some times and his descriptions or "painting of the play" are a bit generic, but I think as time goes on, he will develop into the voice of the Saints for a long time.

Disappointed. I remember many disparaging Zach early on but I thought he was great. He had great chemistry with Deuce. I listen to the wwl broadcast every game. I wanted to like Hoss. Sadly I don't. There is no chemistry with deuce. In fact he's overly deferential to Deuce and appears to lack the confidence to disagree or offer another view.

I'm a patient man and hope he grows on me. But so far I'm really disappointed.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom