How did the o-line do today? (1 Viewer)

cugr4life

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
i was at work and only got to see the highlights, how did the line look against the philly d? i know brees was sacked but what else?

rsonza

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
O-line performed ok. Gave up 2 sacks, though Brees probably held the ball too long for 1 of them. That said, give most of the credit to Brees, who stepped up in the pocket, as usual, and avoided pressure.

SaintsIn2009

BRING THE WOOD!!!
Reaction score
Also, it's the Eagles. They blitz alot and we only gave up two sacks. This says a lot about our o-line.

WCoastSaintsFan

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
They are playing it smart by putting a TE on the blindside a bit more often, but they got beat by a good Eagles D a few times. Brees survived and the Saints won so I think that says it all.

NPs6724

Two Dat, Here We Come!
Reaction score
1 sack was completely on Brees. Bushrod blocked Cole away from the pocket and Brees ran 2 or 3 steps backward right into his arms. The second he held too long. The OL blocked well and didn't get beat at the LOS on running plays as much as last week; they only had 1 horrible run play, the draw to Bush.

Daddy_Duke

Section 151 Drunkard
Reaction score
Great, as usual. When Brees needed time, he got it.

Also, the running lanes opened up more toward the end of the game. Another sign that the D was tired and getting manhandled. We definitely have an underrated unit.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom