Poll How did the outcome of the SuperBowl affect YOU? (1 Viewer)

How did the OUTCOME of SuperBowl 53 affect YOU?

• The outcome made it much easier to move past the way we were hosed.

Votes: 82 38.0%
  • The outcome just taught me that I have a long way to go to get past this.

Votes: 17 7.9%
  • The outcome means nothing & the NFL must make big changes before I'm back.

Votes: 38 17.6%
  • Who cares about the outcome?!?! It's over for me, I'm done!

Votes: 17 7.9%
  • I'm already all in!

Votes: 5 2.3%
  • Tacoes

Votes: 57 26.4%

• Total voters

Bill

Thirsty for more!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Prior to the SuperBowl this past Sunday it was obvious why so many were wanting to distance themselves from all the turmoil of the Championship games and the disgust of how the league handled it all. My biggest concern after we got hosed is that I worried about how the future would affect the amazing fans of the Who Dat! Nation. Who of us would we keep? Who would we lose forever? :covri:

But it seems that some feelings and temperament changed a bit after the SuperBowl ended... and perhaps because of the WAY it ended. I began to feel like we would come through this hosing with limited (though reasonable) negativity about what happens from here. So this poll (or 'pole') seems like a good time to see where some of us stand right now. I assume that feelings are still a bit raw and they are very likely to change as time marches on. But this seems like a good time to see where we are trending.

Bittersweet - Proved the Rams were gifted their trip, but also confirmed that we missed out on ring number 2.
We would have destroyed the Pats.

The Greatest thing about being a fan is in the end it's nothing we did wrong and there is always only one winner. We lost is a fashion that feels yucky, but in the end it's a loss, no different then the PAT missed by the Vikings a few Years ago, the Minnesota Miracle, the botched kick by Romo . . . .The Raiders losing to the tuck rule. Someone always losses and there will always be a next year, which has started already. . .. glad the Pats won if we didn't. Must be pretty anti climactic for them. I'd be livid right now if the Rams won.

Just dont think about it. focus on next year. Otherwise its always what could have been.

It helped. Much more than if the Rams won. I couldn't stomach the idea that dyooshbags like Peters and Talib could be celebrating an ill-gotten Chip, "justifying" the Rams being there. Had the Rams won, my ire would be like a hurricane, A Category 7 (which doesn't even exist). As of now, it's a Cat 5.

But honestly, every single time I see the play with the no-call I get furious. It's hogwash. It really is. Now, maybe we would have lost the game, or maybe we would have lost Brees, MT or Kamara, or Cam J to a major or career ending injury had we won the NFCCG and this is a silver lining. But this is just infuriating. So many MANY times we have lost games due to DPI that was 1/10 as bad as that. Think about how many times on third down you thought we got off of the field only to see that gotdayumed yellow hanky come flying across the screen, sometimes quite a few seconds after the play is over. It has happened SO many times that I am now conditioned to wait until the opponent actually lines up for the 4th down play before I celebrate. EVEN AFTER OUR DEFENSE GETS AN INT. I am still WAITING FOR THE FLAG.

So, the no call is just particularly egregious to me. And while the Rams proved their ineptitude by only scoring 3 points, it only SLIGHTLY helps.

It helps. With all the Rams one year contracts, this was the year if they were gonna win it. They didn’t. I’m happy.

I feel better now that the Rams lost the SB which is probably as bad a feeling for them as our loss was for us.
Seeing the Saint support on SB sunday was nice.

I’m no longer obsessing over the call. It was corrupt and I think Cavaletta needs to pay for it. If he ever comes to New Orleans again, I hope he’s treated equally as inhospitably as he treated us on that fateful day.

But I’m over it...

Here’s a couple of pictures

Attachments

• B4462DA9-D09E-4BC7-B4B7-218F40CDF257.jpeg
    B4462DA9-D09E-4BC7-B4B7-218F40CDF257.jpeg
    36.5 KB · Views: 3
  • 2A9811F1-683B-4861-B478-3A2AF32A3B41.jpeg
    2A9811F1-683B-4861-B478-3A2AF32A3B41.jpeg
    55.4 KB · Views: 3
Bittersweet - Proved the Rams were gifted their trip, but also confirmed that we missed out on ring number 2.
Somewhat, similar to my thought process. Not bittersweet but even more upset that they were handed the game the same way Dallas was. Their production, or lack thereof, showed the world that they were ill prepared for that big stage. On the other side, the Pats only scored 13 pts and we would have slaughtered them. Drew and Sean would be sporting their 2nd SB ring.?

Three weeks removed, anger has been replaced by cynicism. My level of distrust in the NFL has never been greater.

The season-long Rams narrative. The (non) call. The crew bias and lack of review. The lack of immediate follow-up by the league. And of course, the mendacious, character-free actions of someone who pathologically boasts about integrity.

Perhaps most disheartening is the knowledge that everything can be stolen at the final moment. Any team. Any time.

Voted tacoes because I love them almost as much as I love the Saints. But the "sport" of pro football has now (for me) crossed over to entertainment. I trust the integrity of BattleBots more than the NFL.

So for me, it's detachment. My heart is thankful that after a half-century of Sunday palpitations it can rest easy when my team plays. And it's also broken because Saints football has been unfairly, unjustly ruined.

Seeing the Saint support on SB sunday was nice.
In a strange sort of way I got a lot of pleasure seeing the difference from how we treated our team who missed being in the SuperBowl versus how the Rams were 'honored' as the SuperBowl runner up.

Folks, we are the real fans. And our boys KNOW it! Makes me so proud too! :9:

Actually this is ring #4 we missed out on:

2011 postseason
2017 postseason
2018 postseason

:mad: :rant:

Also: The season Drew Brees had in 2011 was just S-I-C-K!!!!!

<> He was rated #2 (of all players in the NFL) going into the 2012 (Bountygate --minus Sean Payton fiasco) season.
<> He should have been the CLEAR CHOICE for MVP in 2011.

:gosaints:

Actually this is ring #4 we missed out on:

2011 postseason
2017 postseason
2018 postseason
'Missed out', true. But some of those chances to be in the big dance we actually lost on our own. This year we won it and it was taken away. In 2009 the battle cry was "Finish Strong".

We need to do this going forward and no longer leave these critical games in doubt.

Here’s a couple of pictures
If Cavaletto ever does come back to town, I hope someone will remind him of how important it will be for him to bring his own food to eat while he's in town. Any restaurant who recognizes him will serve him those meals with 'extra ingredients' for sure.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom