Poll How did the outcome of the SuperBowl affect YOU? (1 Viewer)

How did the OUTCOME of SuperBowl 53 affect YOU?

• The outcome made it much easier to move past the way we were hosed.

Votes: 82 38.0%
  • The outcome just taught me that I have a long way to go to get past this.

Votes: 17 7.9%
  • The outcome means nothing & the NFL must make big changes before I'm back.

Votes: 38 17.6%
  • Who cares about the outcome?!?! It's over for me, I'm done!

Votes: 17 7.9%
  • I'm already all in!

Votes: 5 2.3%
  • Tacoes

Votes: 57 26.4%

• Total voters
Had the Rams won then I would never get over what happened to us. Because the nation got to see that the wrong team DID make it to the Superbowl...it made me feel a little better. That said, I still have no idea if I will watch the NFL next year.

I won’t be back unless they overhaul officiating. Expanding replay and somehow immediately rectifying egregious no calls in real time. No more sorry we just humans and mistakes happen bs. Went to the moon 50 years ago but we can’t change the way refs blow games is ridiculous.

I won’t be back unless they overhaul officiating. Expanding replay and somehow immediately rectifying egregious no calls in real time. No more sorry we just humans and mistakes happen bs. Went to the moon 50 years ago but we can’t change the way refs blow games is ridiculous.

I chose "The outcome means nothing & the NFL must make big changes before I'm back."

But what that means to me is that the NFL must make big changes before I sink my money or time into anything other than the Saints.

I'm still ticked off, and I'mma be ticked off. the league is a joke, goodell is a clown, and Drew deserves better...he's deserved better for the last 9 seasons.

Look, I knew it was futile saying I'd never be "back". BUT there WILL be changes. I'll no longer let the opinion shows affect my mood. Which means, I am not watching for the most part. You know, training camp footage, pressers, and the like, maybe. I will instead only watch the local Saints programming (only an option, of course, for local people).

This is unlike other years where I tried not to get too carried away only to be let down by something WE did and getting mad at a particular player and kick myself for caring too much. But this is different. I feel like we're "in" something with the players because I have seen that THEY feel it, too. It's a symbiotic relationship and we're trying not to let each other down. And somehow now, that's more important to me than winning the Super Bowl (still important but only for what it means to the players, not what the Saints winning would SHOW the NFL, if that makes sense).

Outcome of SB didn’t affect me one bit. No matter what happened I was still upset because of the NFC championship game fiasco.

It helped. Much more than if the Rams won. I couldn't stomach the idea that dyooshbags like Peters and Talib could be celebrating an ill-gotten Chip, "justifying" the Rams being there. Had the Rams won, my ire would be like a hurricane, A Category 7 (which doesn't even exist). As of now, it's a Cat 5.

But honestly, every single time I see the play with the no-call I get furious. It's hogwash. It really is. Now, maybe we would have lost the game, or maybe we would have lost Brees, MT or Kamara, or Cam J to a major or career ending injury had we won the NFCCG and this is a silver lining. But this is just infuriating. So many MANY times we have lost games due to DPI that was 1/10 as bad as that. Think about how many times on third down you thought we got off of the field only to see that gotdayumed yellow hanky come flying across the screen, sometimes quite a few seconds after the play is over. It has happened SO many times that I am now conditioned to wait until the opponent actually lines up for the 4th down play before I celebrate. EVEN AFTER OUR DEFENSE GETS AN INT. I am still WAITING FOR THE FLAG.

So, the no call is just particularly egregious to me. And while the Rams proved their ineptitude by only scoring 3 points, it only SLIGHTLY helps.
Great post. I still haven’t gotten over that PI that was called on us a few years ago when we hosted the Raiders. Carr threw the ball high and out of bounds. The WR was 2-3 feet out of bounds when we contacted him with the ball well over every one’s head, yet here came the flag. Extending the drive and setting them up for the win.

I don't feel as bad as I felt last week and the Rams jewel of a performance in the Super Bowl helped.

I am still mad about it though. As much as we already know how much of sniveling weasel Goodell has always been and to this day continues to be it is still swelling my you know whats that he still hasn't come forward and addressed it like he had one ounce of character and integrity...................the very things that he professes to protect and uphold in the NFL.

Probably what chaps me the most is that I've been life long fan of the NFL and after all this I just don't know if I can ever trust the league again..................that's a sad thing for me to have to say.

The wife won $1000 on two $25 squares for a fundraiser. Gave $500 to the recipient and kept the rest. That’s a helluva upside to that clown show of a game.

Given the situation, the only thing that would have been better was if the Rams scored 0 points.
Actually... if the Patriots had scored 15 more points it would have been epic on so many levels! :hihi:

The Times Pic front page reflected my feelings. Is there a Pulitzer for front pages lol

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom