Poll How did the outcome of the SuperBowl affect YOU? (1 Viewer)

How did the OUTCOME of SuperBowl 53 affect YOU?

• The outcome made it much easier to move past the way we were hosed.

Votes: 82 38.0%
  • The outcome just taught me that I have a long way to go to get past this.

Votes: 17 7.9%
  • The outcome means nothing & the NFL must make big changes before I'm back.

Votes: 38 17.6%
  • Who cares about the outcome?!?! It's over for me, I'm done!

Votes: 17 7.9%
  • I'm already all in!

Votes: 5 2.3%
  • Tacoes

Votes: 57 26.4%

• Total voters
When I was younger, my brother, my father and I were all huge fans of pro wrestling. We would watch TBS wrestling on Saturday afternoons, and then Mid-South Wrestling out of Shreveport on Saturday nights. We never missed it.

As I got older and began to understand that it was all fake, nothing more than a soap opera for men, I lost interest in it.

That's the way I feel about pro football now. We had a Super Bowl championship stolen from us, no different than if it was lifted from our pants pocket, and nothing was done about it. I have a feeling the NFL will only pay token lip-service in the offseason to making changes so this doesn't happen to another team again.

It will take the entire offseason and then some, to rekindle my interest in the NFL. There's a gaping hole in my heart that's not healing.

Actually this is ring #4 we missed out on:

2011 postseason
2017 postseason
2018 postseason

:mad: :rant:

Also: The season Drew Brees had in 2011 was just S-I-C-K!!!!!

<> He was rated #2 (of all players in the NFL) going into the 2012 (Bountygate --minus Sean Payton fiasco) season.
<> He should have been the CLEAR CHOICE for MVP in 2011.

:gosaints:

You made me cry ?...thinking of how one day we won’t have his greatness gracing our field.

Honestly I sort of look it as constellation prize. Even though I boycotted anything Super Bowl that week, I seriously paid a lot of attention to the outcome. Everything I wanted to happen or not happen did. I seriously felt a little satisfaction seeing the Rams struggled and NFL having a horrible Super Bowl.

I don’t care. The outcome of our game didn’t effect how I view the league. It sucked, but we have to move on.

That being said I guess I just don’t let football effect me the way it used to. I’m more concerned about real life issues that effect real people like policy in our country. I’ve learned to enjoy watching talented people play for all teams, not just our Saints.

Didn’t care too much about the Super Bowl

It was like watching the condemned of a murder against one of your family members, get electrocuted. While it does not bring back the family member, it does allow a little closure.

I laughed myself silly when I checked the score near the end of the game (didn't watch of course).

It was therapeutic for me and satisfying to see the Rams not only got beat but they couldn't even get into the end zone all game.
??

The outcome proved that they didn't deserve to be there and Brady getting his 6th ring dominated the sports news while the Shams fell back into being irrelevant again. Sham fans went back in hiding and that team will implode over the offseason and into the future so it's about as good as it can be considering the egregious wrongdoing that occurred.

Oh there was a game in February?
It's like wrestling. If it didn't happen on tv, it didn't happen and it sure as h*** didn't 'happen' on any tv in my house.
I was already preparing myself for the CBA contract expiring in '20 and the possibility of a lockout but my permanent lockout has already begun.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom