Poll How did the outcome of the SuperBowl affect YOU? (1 Viewer)

How did the OUTCOME of SuperBowl 53 affect YOU?

• The outcome made it much easier to move past the way we were hosed.

Votes: 82 38.0%
  • The outcome just taught me that I have a long way to go to get past this.

Votes: 17 7.9%
  • The outcome means nothing & the NFL must make big changes before I'm back.

Votes: 38 17.6%
  • Who cares about the outcome?!?! It's over for me, I'm done!

Votes: 17 7.9%
  • I'm already all in!

Votes: 5 2.3%
  • Tacoes

Votes: 57 26.4%

• Total voters
I LMAO at falcon fans who didn't want them Saints to come marching in.???

Three weeks removed, anger has been replaced by cynicism. My level of distrust in the NFL has never been greater.

The season-long Rams narrative. The (non) call. The crew bias and lack of review. The lack of immediate follow-up by the league. And of course, the mendacious, character-free actions of someone who pathologically boasts about integrity.

Perhaps most disheartening is the knowledge that everything can be stolen at the final moment. Any team. Any time.

Voted tacoes because I love them almost as much as I love the Saints. But the "sport" of pro football has now (for me) crossed over to entertainment. I trust the integrity of BattleBots more than the NFL.

So for me, it's detachment. My heart is thankful that after a half-century of Sunday palpitations it can rest easy when my team plays. And it's also broken because Saints football has been unfairly, unjustly ruined.

I agree with all of this. Especially the last paragraph about detachment from the NFL, and Saints football being ruined for me for no reason.

I know myself too well to think that at some point next season, I’m not gonna jump off the couch and scream at the TV about some stupid call/no-call during a Saints game. But then I’ll remember the Champoinship game... and remember it doesn’t matter.

didn't watch but was getting texts all night, had to go to gym to work off the stress, ended up seing the last 2 minutes. made me sick seeing such an abysmal performance, made me sick knowing Brees would have beat Brady, made me sick I would have cashed a 15k ticket, makes me sick still.

I live in S. Cal. I got to make fun of the Rams to the few Rams fans I know. Most are fans of other teams. Lol

I was irate and torn up for weeks. My blood boiled when I saw the replay. In the past week, I've started to get down some and the anger is going away. This is how I process. But I am no where near healing. That was horrible what the refs did to those great players and coaches who gave 120% this year. And as a fan, It's brutal - at least to me.

Hope this brings a smile to someone's face. Mark Twain, "The world owes me nothing, It was here for billions of years before me!" Glad I said it. It didn't make me feel any better - lol

I was irate and torn up for weeks. My blood boiled when I saw the replay. In the past week, I've started to get down some and the anger is going away. This is how I process. But I am no where near healing. That was horrible what the refs did to those great players and coaches who gave 120% this year. And as a fan, It's brutal - at least to me.
Swimmer, like you that replay tears me up every time I see it. And there's no doubt that the father I stay away from any replays of the NFCCG the better off I'll be in the season to come.

My hurt goes way beyond my personal aggravation of what unfolded in that game. I thought about the anger and crushing disappointment of the entire Saints organization (players & coaches in particular). Their response both now and how they perform when the new season begins will have a bearing on where my feelings go from here. The harder it is on them, the harder it will be for me as well.

Once I found out the score, I looked at my wife and brother-in-law and said, “all that for a drop of blood, er, 3 points”. :hihi:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom