How did Verizon get this holier than thou reputation? (1 Viewer)

dajmno

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
I have an AT&T LTE iPhone 5 and the data speeds are lightning quick 90% of the time. I also have a company issued Verizon 4G LTE WIFI hot spot that carry around for work and the thing drops donkey chunks all the time.

It's all about location. My job requires me to travel across south Louisiana quite a bit. Verizon has the best service in Houma/Terrebonne and Lafourche, hands down! Here, AT&T is terrible. When I lived in BR, AT&T was the bomb!

It's all about location. My job requires me to travel across south Louisiana quite a bit. Verizon has the best service in Houma/Terrebonne and Lafourche, hands down! Here, AT&T is terrible. When I lived in BR, AT&T was the bomb!

Nailed it. I live in Houma where att is crap, but work in Luling where it simply rocks (LTE). No experience with Verizon, but sprint sucks in Houma too

Probably because Sprint dropped the ball during Hurricane Issac and Verizon never lost a beat, least in the Metairie area.

Probably because Sprint dropped the ball during Hurricane Issac and Verizon never lost a beat, least in the Metairie area.

I second Firecross. I've had Verizon for almost 10 years, but before that it was AT&T. I know AT&T has improved alot since then, but at the time I absolutely hated them and vowed never to go back. The service was so bad for me when I was living in Baton Rouge for school. My boyfriend has AT&T now, we live in N.O., and he's constantly dropping calls.

And during Isaac, I could barely keep a charge to my phone (Verizon, company issued) because it was the only phone with service, so everyone and their mama, literally, had to use mine. They all had AT&T.

going on 4 years with verizon and it has been solid the whole time i've been a customer. sprint and t-mobile before that, which were both great in city limits, sucked outside of it, and suncom/att prior that always dropped calls.

Yeah, it's definitely about location. AT&T LTE rocks in NOLA. I average between 45-50mbps d/l in practically every urban area I go. It's the rural areas that kill me.

Having on on-going feud with A T & T. I live outside of Hammond. My signal here
is E with one bar of strength. Thats what I pay 125 a month for. When I get home,
I just turn it off. It becomes worthless. They absolutely will not allow me out of my
contract and it will cost me a fortune to buy out. They know I am not going to renew
my contract. They are gonna lose me and my wife...both 18 year customers.

Live outside hammond. My att signal is e with one bar. Verizon signal here
is 4G with five bars signal strength. A T & T isn't worth a damn as far as I am
concerned.

I have AT&T and am dropping calls quite a bit and there are plenty of places I can't get a signal, like my parents house, where Verizon folks can. I only stay with AT&T becasue I'm grandfathered in on unlimited data for Exhcange and I use way too much to start paying for it from Verizon.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom