How did you get your handle - version 3.0 (1 Viewer)

st dude

The dotless one
Super Moderator
Diamond VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Years ago right after I got on the superforum someone posted in the offseason, when we had little better to do, someone started a how did you get your handle thread and it was the first blockbuster thread I can remember. We have repeated the thread for new members every now and then. I have not been on the boards a lot lately and if this has been done recently I can zap the thread.

I was late to the internet. When I did start, the forum happened to be the first message board I saw. I had a question about how it worked but did not want to appear dumb so i created a dumb persona or alter ego, like that makes any sense. St dude was roughly based on Jeff Spicoli, the stoner dude from Fast Times at Ridgemont High.

th

The first guys I got into it a bit with were Dan in Lafayette, the Professor, and Eeyore. One of the group sent me a link where I might get a GED. :D

As an aside I liked Fast Times so much I ordered it once and watched it with my sixteen year old. That was a mistake. He and his friends watched it a half dozen times and even ordered pizzas at school. :covri:

So how did you get your handle? Some handles I think reflect the imagination and ingenuity of the poster, you know, like Dan in Lafayette. That is crazy clever.

:ezbill:

I always liked Chairman lmao.

Last edited:
Mine was a nickname that went back to my time in the Marines.

"Swampy" was one of the very first nicknames given to this Louisiana boy with a thick accent. The name stuck and I liked it.

After the service, I kind of forgot about it until moving to Chicago. My accent became apparent again and I started a new email account and Swampy just seemed fitting.

I've since moved back home, but the moniker stuck.
Swampy Saint for the board just seemed like it was meant to be for me.

I love this site and I visit everyday.

WhoDat! Everyone.

I was so amazed by st dude's posts when I first joined, I used the "dude" part from him, and I like to spend my Sundays in the Dome, so I became "DomeDude. I just decided to use capitals for the names because I didnt want to receive any GED links.

Glen Reds was my uncle. His number for the.saints was 58. Not creative but gr#58 was born

I always raised big dawgs: golden retrievers, samoas, St.Bernard. When the last one died, my wife would only let get a small dog that didn't shed. I didn't think out marriage would survive without a dog. I ended up with a sheetZu. I trained her to be a Tomboy, chase deer, cows and best of all, swimming in the town lake chasing geese twice her size. A Chinese guys told me,"sheetZus no swim," as he shook his head in amazement at the 12 pound dog with nose barely above the waterline chasing the geese all over the lake. aka "Swimmer". And frankly, I'm not much more than a dog anyway.

Started wrestling at the age of 7 for a Youth Center. St. Anthony's Saints. :ezbill: BIG reason why I became a Saints' fan for life. Just the name alone has been with me since I was a kid.

I always raised big dawgs: golden retrievers, samoas, St.Bernard. When the last one died, my wife would only let get a small dog that didn't shed. I didn't think out marriage would survive without a dog. I ended up with a sheetZu. I trained her to be a Tomboy, chase deer, cows and best of all, swimming in the town lake chasing geese twice her size. A Chinese guys told me,"sheetZus no swim," as he shook his head in amazement at the 12 pound dog with nose barely above the waterline chasing the geese all over the lake. aka "Swimmer". And frankly, I'm not much more than a dog anyway.

Haha...."sheetzus no swim"

birdog no fly either!.....I'm birdog b/c I look like one! LOL!

Leslie Charteris character from books, 60s tv series, and movies.

Attachments

• %22The Saint%22.jpg
    %22The Saint%22.jpg
    7.8 KB · Views: 484

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom