How do I fix this cat? (1 Viewer)

And we're off... :sparky:

Naw. let me break it down a tad. People DO NOT OWN cats. Cats OWN people. I have two cats an older male and a younger female. The chic is cool and chill yet will have her moments. The male? well that dude is a forking butt crevasse. Seriously. If you don't feed him the brand of food he likes he will stare you in the eyes and flip the bowl at you. When they are given treats he will inspect each pile (not sure what else to call it) to see which is bigger so he can have it. Want to snuggle up to the wife? Tough sheet you're in his space now. If it looks comfy he will sit/lay there and that includes your face. Sheesh I could go on.

Naw. let me break it down a tad. People DO NOT OWN cats. Cats OWN people. I have two cats an older male and a younger female. The chic is cool and chill yet will have her moments. The male? well that dude is a forking butt crevasse. Seriously. If you don't feed him the brand of food he likes he will stare you in the eyes and flip the bowl at you. When they are given treats he will inspect each pile (not sure what else to call it) to see which is bigger so he can have it. Want to snuggle up to the wife? Tough shirt you're in his space now. If it looks comfy he will sit/lay there and that includes your face. Sheesh I could go on.
You just described a typical cat.

Naw. let me break it down a tad. People DO NOT OWN cats. Cats OWN people. I have two cats an older male and a younger female. The chic is cool and chill yet will have her moments. The male? well that dude is a forking butt crevasse. Seriously. If you don't feed him the brand of food he likes he will stare you in the eyes and flip the bowl at you. When they are given treats he will inspect each pile (not sure what else to call it) to see which is bigger so he can have it. Want to snuggle up to the wife? Tough shirt you're in his space now. If it looks comfy he will sit/lay there and that includes your face. Sheesh I could go on.

Our cat is pretty cool. He eats whatever we give him. He likes to chill on the screen porch or in the basement with me watching TV at night. Sometimes he tries to come sneak in on my snacks and if he keeps doing it, I knock his arse off the couch and he goes and sits on the other chair and watches TV.

It’s all good - we have an understanding.

The first rule of having any new pet(cat or dog) - if you don’t want it using your home as its toilet, you do not give it freedom in the house if you are not there to supervise until the animal is house trained.
Lock him in a bathroom or laundry room while you’re gone with his food, water, bed and litter box until he has acclimated at your house, knows where to use the bathroom and has earned freedom.

He may be old and know how to use a litter box but everything about your house is new for him and he’s out of his element.

Last edited:
One of two things;

Get him a roommate. A Cane Corso, or a female cat. One of the two should do the trick. Just depends on what road you choose, as the possible solution.

I think it is usually best to keep them confined to 1 room first when getting them acclimated to a new home, but that time may have passed. I doubt getting him another buddy will work, since the shelter would not let him go to a home that already had pets.

The brand of litter is important, also maybe spray the area where he pooped with dilute vinegar/orange extract, and also maybe relocate the poops to the litter box to show him where you want that done instead of just putting in the trash.

The first rule of having any new pet(cat or dog) - if you don’t want it using your home as its toilet, you do not give it freedom in the house if you are not there to supervise until the animal is house trained.
Lock him in a bathroom or laundry room while you’re gone with his food, water, bed and litter box until he has acclimated at your house, knows where to use the bathroom and has earned freedom.

He may be old and know how to use a litter box but everything about your house is new for him and he’s out of his element.
I was hoping that I wouldn't have to do that but, if there's a mess when I get home tonight then I'll be locking him in a bathroom when I'm not home.

Thanks.

There was a people’s court with Judge Wapner where a cat would get on a neighbor’s apt balcony and knock over potted plants

Wapner ruled that people don’t own cats they choose to stay with you therefore a cat owner is not responsible for cat’s actions

but if it were a dog the owner would be

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom