How do I fix this cat? (4 Viewers)

My cat refuses to die.
I'm about to accelerate that process on our indoor cat. It has a cat bed but refuses to use it....instead if you put any kind of clothing down she lays on it. Ruined my son's $30 Grinch sweater yesterday before he even got to wear it to school. It was folded on a chair while I gave him a shower and we came out to find the cat sleeping on it. Lifted cat gently but she still stuck a claw in it. By the time he got home it had unraveled into a hole. Hate that cat.

I'm about to accelerate that process on our indoor cat. It has a cat bed but refuses to use it....instead if you put any kind of clothing down she lays on it. Ruined my son's $30 Grinch sweater yesterday before he even got to wear it to school. It was folded on a chair while I gave him a shower and we came out to find the cat sleeping on it. Lifted cat gently but she still stuck a claw in it. By the time he got home it had unraveled into a hole. Hate that cat.
The Dude had already staked a claim on the blanket that i use when I sit on the recliner. People can still use it but they'll have to understand that the cat will too, whether anybody else is using it or not.

Dogs wait to show you love and respect

Cats wait for an opportunity to kill you and take your soul

They told me that he was picked up as a stray and that nobody ever came looking for him.

He's front declawed. That tells me that he was a pet. He's so clingy that I doubt that he was abused. He's so old that I doubt that he wasn't box trained.

This could be a part of the problem. Declawing a cat, even the front paws, is the most inhumane thing someone can do. It's just lazy and can lead to more issues and damage to a cat. Even if the declaw occurred a whole back, scratching through litter could be painful to him if you're using clay litter. You might want to try switching, even if it's a pan of torn up paper.

Sidenote... People, DO NOT forkING DECLAW YOUR CAT. Any vet with any once of decency and sense will advise against this. Get scratching pads or posts. Spray or sprinkle catnip on it. Your cat and your furniture will thank you.

The first rule of having any new pet(cat or dog) - if you don’t want it using your home as its toilet, you do not give it freedom in the house if you are not there to supervise until the animal is house trained.
Lock him in a bathroom or laundry room while you’re gone with his food, water, bed and litter box until he has acclimated at your house, knows where to use the bathroom and has earned freedom.

He may be old and know how to use a litter box but everything about your house is new for him and he’s out of his element.

This is not true. I've had cats my entire life; trained none of them. Litter is designed to attract cats to use it, much like catnip attracts cats for different reasons. Confining cats does more damage mentally than confining a dog because they a natural roamers when they're not sleeping.

There is something wrong with the poor fella, either physically or mentally; plus at 13, he's considered very geriatric. I would suggest bringing him to the vet.

There was a people’s court with Judge Wapner where a cat would get on a neighbor’s apt balcony and knock over potted plants

Wapner ruled that people don’t own cats they choose to stay with you therefore a cat owner is not responsible for cat’s actions

but if it were a dog the owner would be
We know the earth isn't flat because if it were, cats would have knocked everything off the edge.

This could be a part of the problem. Declawing a cat, even the front paws, is the most inhumane thing someone can do. It's just lazy and can lead to more issues and damage to a cat. Even if the declaw occurred a whole back, scratching through litter could be painful to him if you're using clay litter. You might want to try switching, even if it's a pan of torn up paper.

Sidenote... People, DO NOT forkING DECLAW YOUR CAT. Any vet with any once of decency and sense will advise against this. Get scratching pads or posts. Spray or sprinkle catnip on it. Your cat and your furniture will thank you.

This is not true. I've had cats my entire life; trained none of them. Litter is designed to attract cats to use it, much like catnip attracts cats for different reasons. Confining cats does more damage mentally than confining a dog because they a natural roamers when they're not sleeping.

There is something wrong with the poor fella, either physically or mentally; plus at 13, he's considered very geriatric. I would suggest bringing him to the vet.
He's going in to see the vet as soon as I can.

It's weird that he's a model citizen when I'm around and is glued to me like a scared toddler.

Before I go to sleep I fold up the blanket that I use on my recliner and he jumps on it and goes to sleep. He doesn't move until I wake up.

No accidents until I leave the house, then he's like Johnny Appleseed except with pooh.

He's going in to see the vet as soon as I can.

It's weird that he's a model citizen when I'm around and is glued to me like a scared toddler.

Before I go to sleep I fold up the blanket that I use on my recliner and he jumps on it and goes to sleep. He doesn't move until I wake up.

No accidents until I leave the house, then he's like Johnny Appleseed except with pooh.
That sounds like a severe anxiety disorder with not wanting to be left alone.

i miss my cat, dingleberry, she was so awesome.

when we adopted her, she was very similar. declawed, very sweet, and took a while to get used to the sheet box. though, she was around 4 when we adopted. lived a good life to about 15 before gum cancer. that was my baby.

we went to the shelter because my wife wanted a kitten. poor dingleberry just sitting there by herself, the only older cat, and i fell in love. only argument i have ever won with my wife was to adopt her over the kittens.

it is a shame that there are so many stray animals. if cats weren't naturally (after centuries of humans caring for) domesticated, i would think differently, but i am 100 percent for neutered and spayed.

i miss my cat, dingleberry, she was so awesome.

when we adopted her, she was very similar. declawed, very sweet, and took a while to get used to the shirt box. though, she was around 4 when we adopted. lived a good life to about 15 before gum cancer. that was my baby.

we went to the shelter because my wife wanted a kitten. poor dingleberry just sitting there by herself, the only older cat, and i fell in love. only argument i have ever won with my wife was to adopt her over the kittens.

it is a shame that there are so many stray animals. if cats weren't naturally (after centuries of humans caring for) domesticated, i would think differently, but i am 100 percent for neutered and spayed.
I don't know why people don't neuter/spay their pets. When I was bailing out The Dude they had received a bunch of kittens. They were lamenting that they wouldn't have room.

A lot of people don't know that spaying/neutering your cat actually add years to their lives and reduces tons of health risks. In time, it also calms them the fork down.

Thanos just made two so his fixing should be setting in (it better before I kill him).

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom