How do I fix this cat? (1 Viewer)

My cat refuses to die.
I'm about to accelerate that process on our indoor cat. It has a cat bed but refuses to use it....instead if you put any kind of clothing down she lays on it. Ruined my son's $30 Grinch sweater yesterday before he even got to wear it to school. It was folded on a chair while I gave him a shower and we came out to find the cat sleeping on it. Lifted cat gently but she still stuck a claw in it. By the time he got home it had unraveled into a hole. Hate that cat.

I "rescued" a cat when he was very young. He ended up being a big, cool indoor cat, and smacked my cocky great Dane around for fun. Fast forward 10 years he decides he wants to be an outside cat while the weather is nice, and I haven't seen him since.

Turns out he just saw animals outside at night that he wanted to attack. One of my cameras caught his final fight with a ~250lb bear.....bears are freaking fast

EDIT: Realized I never answered the question, introduce the cat to a bear

Last edited:
I'm definitely an outdoor cat person...heck...at this stage I'm an outdoor animal person period. We also have a St Bernard too. Average age of a St Bernard is like 6-10 years. Ours is 9 and I've since began marking the days off on a calendar. Already have his hole dug. Our outdoor cat is cool....he's like any other tool you have around the house. He does a job and does it well. Not a single mouse left around our house. He stays in the garage at night and then we open the back door in the morning so he can come and go unless it's really cold out.

I don't know if any of you have seen a St Bernard eat but he only ends up with about 40% of what he eats in his belly. The rest is all over the floor and anything within a 5' radius of the bowl. We feed him in the garage because of that. When he eats the outdoor cat eats dog food right along side him and then eats his food we keep up on a freezer. Not long ago the cat got a hairball and puked it up in the driveway....it had dog food, cat food, and pieces of mouse in it. ?

The Dude is only 6 lbs 3 oz. He wouldn't even be a snack.

Six pounds could just be old age (my 20 year old couldn't surpass 7lbs. before he died) or it could be something else.

Six pounds could just be old age (my 20 year old couldn't surpass 7lbs. before he died) or it could be something else.
I knew when I picked him that he's old. That was a part of what I was doing. I wanted to save him from spending his last days in there. If I get 6 months, or six years I'll be ok with it. I just want him to use a litter box.

I'm definitely an outdoor cat person...heck...at this stage I'm an outdoor animal person period. We also have a St Bernard too. Average age of a St Bernard is like 6-10 years. Ours is 9 and I've since began marking the days off on a calendar. Already have his hole dug. Our outdoor cat is cool....he's like any other tool you have around the house. He does a job and does it well. Not a single mouse left around our house. He stays in the garage at night and then we open the back door in the morning so he can come and go unless it's really cold out.

I don't know if any of you have seen a St Bernard eat but he only ends up with about 40% of what he eats in his belly. The rest is all over the floor and anything within a 5' radius of the bowl. We feed him in the garage because of that. When he eats the outdoor cat eats dog food right along side him and then eats his food we keep up on a freezer. Not long ago the cat got a hairball and puked it up in the driveway....it had dog food, cat food, and pieces of mouse in it. ?
lol. my parent's saint bernard lived 14 years.

This could be a part of the problem. Declawing a cat, even the front paws, is the most inhumane thing someone can do. It's just lazy and can lead to more issues and damage to a cat. Even if the declaw occurred a whole back, scratching through litter could be painful to him if you're using clay litter. You might want to try switching, even if it's a pan of torn up paper.

Sidenote... People, DO NOT forkING DECLAW YOUR CAT. Any vet with any once of decency and sense will advise against this. Get scratching pads or posts. Spray or sprinkle catnip on it. Your cat and your furniture will thank you.

This is not true. I've had cats my entire life; trained none of them. Litter is designed to attract cats to use it, much like catnip attracts cats for different reasons. Confining cats does more damage mentally than confining a dog because they a natural roamers when they're not sleeping.

There is something wrong with the poor fella, either physically or mentally; plus at 13, he's considered very geriatric. I would suggest bringing him to the vet.
You have no clue about dogs bud. While what you have given insight to cats on may be true, I would not know. But for puppies, it is a must to give them their own space with food, water, a puppy pad and toys! The space should be in an open area with a small fence. They are inexpensive and are easily used inside a small area within a home. I know firsthand. And you need to get them on a regular schedule of eating, going outside for walks...etc., along with play time. The more you can do to get a regular schedule going with a puppy, (or new dog), the better. It only takes about 6-8 weeks to get a puppy trained if you are willing to commit. Cats? I would not even remotely guess. And I am not a cat hater. Just not fond of a feline animal. I don’t trust them, as they are known to be very sneaky and not very loyal to their handlers. Dogs on the otherhand; HELLO!

He's going in to see the vet as soon as I can.

It's weird that he's a model citizen when I'm around and is glued to me like a scared toddler.

Before I go to sleep I fold up the blanket that I use on my recliner and he jumps on it and goes to sleep. He doesn't move until I wake up.

No accidents until I leave the house, then he's like Johnny Appleseed except with pooh.
Get another cat. It won't add much effort at all to your daily routine, but will comfort your elderly cat immeasurably. We have 2, and are able to leave the house without too much feline angst. Your cat trusts you and relies on you, and is obviously uncomfortable when you're not home.

Go box up another kitty :)

You have no clue about dogs bud. While what you have given insight to cats on may be true, I would not know. But for puppies, it is a must to give them their own space with food, water, a puppy pad and toys! The space should be in an open area with a small fence. They are inexpensive and are easily used inside a small area within a home. I know firsthand. And you need to get them on a regular schedule of eating, going outside for walks...etc., along with play time. The more you can do to get a regular schedule going with a puppy, (or new dog), the better. It only takes about 6-8 weeks to get a puppy trained if you are willing to commit. Cats? I would not even remotely guess. And I am not a cat hater. Just not fond of a feline animal. I don’t trust them, as they are known to be very sneaky and not very loyal to their handlers. Dogs on the otherhand; HELLO!
Cats are no sneakier than dogs, I've seen my share of thievery and chicanery by both species. As far as relationships, cats form very intense emotional bonds to their owners/staff IF you let them. Cats do not love unconditionally like dogs do, but are much more than willing to meet you halfway.

Just TRY to go away for a long weekend and leave your dog alone. I had 2 cats back when I was single. I put out the extra litter box and the self feeder and waterer, then went off skiing etc. They were glad to see me when I came home and the house was not a wreck--usually :hihi:

This here is exactly the reason I don't decorate for Christmas with a young feline in the house.

Our ginger shorthair contents herself with knocking my son's guitar picks off of whatever flat surface he's placed them, then carries one around in her mouth and drops it off whenever and wherever the spirit so moves her.

...and right on cue here she is....plotting

Then 2 minutes later we find one of his picks right in the middle of the floor. Rotten cat :hihi:
07FCC7C1-D5DC-4FDA-9414-6C92FF9B5214.jpeg

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom