How do the teams we have coming up prepare for the Saints? (1 Viewer)

Saint Tex

Delvin, Bro
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I'm thinking about our own home stretch and the fact that it is not going to be easy, but then, the 49ers, Redskins, Giants, Cowboys, and Panthers have to be worried about the week they play the Saints.

What stands out over the season is that when we don't beat ourselves, we win.

The Cowboys are in the best situation at 7-4. Giants and Carolina have fallen off at 6-5, and will need the win badly, especially Carolina since a win would hand a divisional rival a loss at the same time. San Francisco is at 5 and 6, and they will not be a pushover--if they're going to salvage their season, they have to get to even. Washington is at 4-7 and probably out of the playoffs, but they beat Carolina today.

None of these teams can be happily looking forward to their game against the Saints. They know that if they shut down the ground game, Brees and Payton go to the air, and now with McAfee and Lewis, our special teams play has improved. Defense has proved it can play well enough to win.

So what do you think? How do these teams prepare for us?

Establish a running game/short passing game (keep the clock moving), keep the Saints offense off the field. Be willing to gamble some to get pressure on Brees.

Focus on Brees and run the ball up the gut. Hit receivers coming off the line.

Plan for a shootout... if your defense doesn't force turnovers you're in trouble against this Saints team. The offense is pretty scary when they're not beating themselves. And once Colston comes back healthy it'll really be tough on teams' defenses.

i think you do what atl did in the 3rd quarter, and show brees a 5 man front, and apply the pressure. that seemed to slow down our offense for most of the 3rd 1/4. we did adjust, but i expect we will see more of that from here on in

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom