How do u guys feel about carolina game (1 Viewer)

Agree with everything other than Darnold being an upgrade. He may be. But Teddy did pretty well there, stole Drew Lock’s job and didn’t have the benefit of a full season with McCaffrey.

This game definitely concerns me. It just feels like everything keeps piling up against us and going on the road to face a division rival right now isn’t ideal.
Disagree. Darnold may be their future. Teddy was obviously not.

I don’t want to make any predictions but I think this will be a close game. I checked out Carolina last game there defense looks very strong but I think our D can force Arnold to make mistakes. If Arnold does start throwing pics our offense has to capitalize by putting up 7 points every time, that will be the game changer.
Arnold_Takahashi.png

Sean Payton knows Joe Brady. That gives the Saints a coaching advantage. McCaffrey was hurt both games last year. He is back. Our linebackers need to tackle well. Kwon Alexander was on the injury report today. Alexander playing is big for that matchup. The Panther offense is Robbie Anderson deep and DJ Moore at receiver. Outside of those three the offense is poor. Sam Darnold is just learning this offense. I look for us to key on McCaffrey. On offense I look for us to go deep more than against the Packers. I think Payton wanted to control the clock and keep Rogers off the field. Darnold is a bottom 10 NFL QB behind a below average offense line. I am anxious to see how Roby does since Lattimore is I am assuming out with the thumb. Davenport being out has me worried about controlling McCaffrey.

I think this is a big focus and not get too full of yourself game for the Saints. Every media source in the country is saying how they can't believe what the Saints just did against the Packers. I look forward to Demario Davis coming out and setting the tone on McCaffrey hopefully with Kwon and Baun to show what it is like to have linebackers that can cover a running back in the flat. Overall I think the Saints have the swagger and will come out ready to expand what Jameis did in the air and we will see more to Calloway without having a corner like Jaire Alexander on him this week.

The injuries and the Covid stuff, combined with the already tricky situation they were dealing with due to Ida concerns me for this game.

Darnold is an upgrade at QB for them and CMc always brings his A+ game for us.

Im just not sure what to expect with this one.

CMC’s career average vs the Saints is 3.2 yards per carry, less than 1 TD per game, and the only win was vs a week 17 Saints team that was resting their starters for the playoffs in 2018.

CMC’s a dangerous player to face, but the Saints have had a lot of success scheming against him so far.

They'll likely man up and try to force Jameis into tight window timing throws.

Good thing is Jameis has shown he can beat that too. But all the injuries and key players on IR will catch up to you at some point.

I have to say I'm impressed!

Last week, I went to the Jets forum to see what they were saying about facing us. I felt like that was a game we would win but the vast majority of them were blissfully confident that they'd butcher us. Tons of "Panthers are trash" and "We got this" type posts.

I come here thinking you're likely to hand us a hefty loss so I expect the same type of comments, but I see a bunch of very reasonable posts. I'm still thinking we're going to have to see the other Winston, the one that gives the ball away, if we're going to pull out a W. As was mentioned, you guys have done pretty darn good at slowing CMC, our best player.

Our O-line is nothing to brag about. I'm hoping some of your injuries/COVID/etc may spot us a little there because, otherwise, we're probably in a lot of trouble. But that's probably just wishful thinking. You've certainly had our number recently.

with Ron Rivera no longer as Panthers coach i feel more confident about a Saints victory against Carolina. I was sad for Rivera when he got canned but happy as a Saints fan. A Rivera coached team was always a tough out.

I think Ruhle is in over his head as a Head Coach and Brady is very Green as OC.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom