How do we match-up against the Broncos? (1 Viewer)

Denver only allows 17 points a game. You can't expect to score more then 23-27 points just like the Seahawks game.

We'll win or lose based on whether the defense does their part against a bad offensive team. If it turns into a shoot out, we'll lose. This is a game where you have to be ok with punting and trusting your defense.

It is really hard to trust our defense.

Thank god this game is in the dome... you have to tilt towards the Broncos but that doesn't mean we can't steal it away. I hope SP has a great plan offensively, maybe even a trick or two up his sleeve on O or ST. I'll be excited to see this one!

Everyone saying things about the D and you can clearly see they're improving every game. They've moved up to number 27 in total defense and will continue to climb. Last three games they've given up approximately 21ppg.

Thank god this game is in the dome... you have to tilt towards the Broncos but that doesn't mean we can't steal it away. I hope SP has a great plan offensively, maybe even a trick or two up his sleeve on O or ST. I'll be excited to see this one!

Seattle was a tougher opponent based off matchups. I won't say this is a game we are supposed to win, but catching them when we are is great. It will be their 2nd road game on the road, where they aren't completely healthy, and coming off what will be a very hard and physical game with Oakland.

Their corners will lock down Cooks and Thomas. Fleener and Snead have to show up and I feel Hightower's better suited for this game than Ingram. This isn't SF's run defense. But you have to keep the ball on the ground. And it will say a lot if Atlanta can put up 17 points on them and we can't at home.

Gonna be a tough game and a quick turnaround to Thursday against another tough team, hope it's not 4-6

Gonna be a tough game and a quick turnaround to Thursday against another tough team, hope it's not 4-6

In one game we are at home, and the other we are the better team without question. Let's have a little confidence. This is clearly not the fragile minded team of the past few years.

We need to emulate what Atlanta did vs them. Spread them out and get their LBs either off the field, or placed in matchups that favor our offensive weapons

...and not give up 30+ points on defense

Looking at this game, I'd suggest replicating the offensive strategy against the 49ers. Early shots with Hightower, punctuated by runs from Ingram. Wear them down, take your shots downfield selectively.

Everyone saying things about the D and you can clearly see they're improving every game. They've moved up to number 27 in total defense and will continue to climb. Last three games they've given up approximately 21ppg.
It's very hard for people to change a stance once they've taken one. A lot of people took a stance on our D being awful. The defense could force 4 turnovers and these people would still whi......oh....they did.

I find Seattle's defense to be more "smothering" than Denver's - not saying they Denver's D isn't great. With a solid game plan, we can win - but I expect another heart in the throat type affair.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom