How do we match-up against the Broncos? (1 Viewer)

Taker597

Hall-of-Famer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
They have the Number 1 Pass Defense and it doesn't look like hollow stats, but they are pretty pedestrian to the run.

Can our passing attack break them? ATL and Matt Ryan had success, but wasn't amazing Also, Broncos had their back-up playing QB and that offense struggle a lot.

Well, watch the Bronco/Raider game. If we force turnovers and move the ball, we can hang with anybody. Atlanta lit that defense up, so can we.

There's no defense on the planet that can stop Brees when he's on in the dome.

They are not a very good offensive team.

We'll fare better if Talib needs to rest a little longer. They've got a pretty stellar secondary. This will likely be another game where we really are going to have to grind it out on the ground no matter how poor we are running it.

Good test for our offense. I'm more worried with hour our WRs do against their CBs than their Dline. Can't remember SP ever not coming up with a good plan to handle edge rushers. When we faced DWare and Spencer in their prime in Dallas we basically held them in check. Not many games we let Dlines dismantle us and as Bonchie said they aren't really good offensively at all.

They are a good man team and Cooks/Fleener have trouble against man.

I'll stop short of 5-4

same test as Seattle

it will be all about our O line, committing to the run-pass balance and not turning it over

same test as Seattle

it will be all about our O line, committing to the run-pass balance and not turning it over

Thinking the same. SP called it a physical game and leaned heavily on Thomas/Snead to put in work against their DBs.

There's no defense on the planet that can stop Brees when he's on in the dome.

They are not a very good offensive team.
Any team is a good offensive team against our defense.

Good test for our offense. I'm more worried with hour our WRs do against their CBs than their Dline. Can't remember SP ever not coming up with a good plan to handle edge rushers. When we faced DWare and Spencer in their prime in Dallas we basically held them in check. Not many games we let Dlines dismantle us and as Bonchie said they aren't really good offensively at all.

They are a good man team and Cooks/Fleener have trouble against man.

I'll stop short of 5-4

Uh, ware, was our reason for losing that 1st of the losses of 2009 in the dome.
:covri:

Both units need to play well.

There's been games where the offense is slow starting or those odd TOs would happen like a ball getting tipped and intercepted. Or like today with the D, lots of TOs created but also some mental lapses in coverage that got us gashed. Neither of those can happen. We don't have to come together and play better football than we ever thought we were capable of......we just can't have one of our units make mistakes.......because we already know the special teams will.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Uh, ware, was our reason for losing that 1st of the losses of 2009 in the dome.
:covri:

I said Not many. Ware is a great player he'll get his but we played Dallas a lot during our prime years and beat them quite a few times handily without Ware having a huge impact on the game.

This secondary is exactly what Michael Thomas is here for. Someone who can create separation against good opponents. In theory. If he does this, I think we crack their D. If he finally shows some rookiness, it may take a while.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Denver only allows 17 points a game. You can't expect to score more then 23-27 points just like the Seahawks game.

We'll win or lose based on whether the defense does their part against a bad offensive team. If it turns into a shoot out, we'll lose. This is a game where you have to be ok with punting and trusting your defense.

Well, watch the Bronco/Raider game. If we force turnovers and move the ball, we can hang with anybody. Atlanta lit that defense up, so can we.

If by lit them up you mean scored 23 points then yeah.

We have to score more than any team has against them or hold them to as few points as we've held any team in the dome in the last 10 games to win.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom