How do you copy/paste large amounts of data? (1 Viewer)

Bayouboy

Football Genius
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Back with Windows 7, I used "Karen's replicator" when I wanted to copy large amounts of data. It was fast and very reliable. Do you all use a particular app or program in the Windows 10 world?

I'm looking to back up pictures and other data to an external drive. I would hate to just copy and paste that much data. It's probably hundreds of gigabytes worth of pictures alone. On a tangent, how do you all go about backing up your stuff? I don't use cloud based products...…should I??? Just wondering what you all do. I've been manually backing up my shirt.

Back with Windows 7, I used "Karen's replicator" when I wanted to copy large amounts of data. It was fast and very reliable. Do you all use a particular app or program in the Windows 10 world?

I'm looking to back up pictures and other data to an external drive. I would hate to just copy and paste that much data. It's probably hundreds of gigabytes worth of pictures alone. On a tangent, how do you all go about backing up your stuff? I don't use cloud based products...…should I??? Just wondering what you all do. I've been manually backing up my shirt.

I have local redundant (NAS) network storage, that I also back up to a hard drive. It's all local, so if the house burns down, I'm SOL, but I do have multiple redundant copies that are easy to grab.

I'm a fan of cloud backup - I just haven't gotten to it yet, as pricing the amount of data we have (we have SO MANY pictures) will be expensive, but ultimately, that's the way to go.

I’ve used the quarantine to get myself organized. I probably have 150 gigs of pics. I have also scanned in childhood photos. I have plenty of external resundecy but I decided to upload everything to google photos as one more backup and the convenience of having it all on my phone. I said all that to say, the file size google allows at the free level is pretty darn good imo. I’ve blown them up for side by side with the original and I can’t see the difference on a 24 inch como screen. I will probably end up going over and paying eventually because of videos but if something happened and all my hard drives crashed at once, I’d be at peace with what I have in the google quality. And if your folder structure is good it’s easy as hell.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom