How Do You Feel About Sean Payton Now? (1 Viewer)

How Do You Feel About SP Now?

• I'm sad, end of an era. He'll always be my coach

Votes: 69 30.1%
  • I'm angry because he quit on us and then basked in the spotlight while teams wooed him

Votes: 29 12.7%
  • I feel betrayed but I'm thankful for what he did for the Saints and I wish him well

Votes: 44 19.2%
  • SP is dead to me. I'll be actively rooting against him hoping he crashes and burns

Votes: 22 9.6%
  • I'm just glad it's over. Whatever, I'm just focused on Saints football

Votes: 77 33.6%
  • I blame Loomis

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Tacos

Votes: 10 4.4%
  • Tacoes

Votes: 17 7.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I still remember getting flamed last year for saying he quit on the team.

My view has not changed.

I can be grateful for what he has done for the team and feel betrayed at the same time.

I feel a little bad for some of y'all. Not because Payton left, that's part of the game and part of life. People move on.

It's the way the whole thing unfolded, he leaves with two years left on his contract when the team is on a post-Brees downturn, says in his presser that he's not done coaching, shows no desire to return to New Orleans, then this whole long, drawn out hiring process, culminating in decent, though unspectacular, compensation for the Saints.

The whole thing was sort of devoid of any sentimentality or real gratitude for what as by any stretch an amazing run that he had with Drew & the Saints. I don't know, feels sort of hollow.

Anyway, yeah, he's sort of prick. But he's a damn good football coach, and of course that makes up for pretty much anything in the NFL. But I understand Saints fan who feel a little betrayed. Again, not because he left, but because of how it all went down.

I’m not mad. Look at the list of coaches with a Super Bowl. The majority of them end up going to another team at some point.

But what he and Brees created cannot be understated. He created a standard. A standard that is evident by the reaction to a 7 win season.
He created championship expectations.

2 of the best coaches we've had quit. One quit because he was tired of losing, while the other quit because he didn't want to rebuild here.
And one spent 10 years here while the other spent 15 seasons here.
Most franchises still haven’t one coach that has been ten or more years with one franchise. The Saints have two.

I felt like option 1 was closest for me. I'll never forget what him and Drew did here. I am curious what will happen in Denver (I like Russ too). That said, it's just a national footnote. Saints need to make moves for their future and Payton no longer has anything to do with that.

I felt like option 1 was closest for me. I'll never forget what him and Drew did here. I am curious what will happen in Denver (I like Russ too). That said, it's just a national footnote for me. Saints need to make moves for their future and Payton no longer has anything to do with that.
For an Overreaction Monday perspective, I don’t think this lasts long. There is just too much going against Denver.
They’re in the same division as the Chiefs and Mahomes and Reid ain’t stopping.
Denver might split with Herbert and the Chargers. The only team I can see them sweeping is the Raiders.
And now you gotta compete with Allen, Burrow, and Lawrence outside the division.
All with a Russell Wilson that is on the back end of his career.

For an Overreaction Monday perspective, I don’t think this lasts long. There is just too much going against Denver.
They’re in the same division as the Chiefs and Mahomes and Reid ain’t stopping.
Denver might split with Herbert and the Chargers. The only team I can see them sweeping is the Raiders.
And now you gotta compete with Allen, Burrow, and Lawrence outside the division.
All with a Russell Wilson that is on the back end of his career.
Payton’s success against Mahomes/Reid all depends on how his defense looks. If he lucks up on an Allen type DC again, he can split with the Chiefs too or even sweep for at least one season like he did twice against Brady’s Bucs.

Chiefs always has close games with all of their division rivals. The Broncos could’ve won the last Chiefs/Broncos matchup if Wilson didn’t miss a quarter with an injury. That was with the interim Rosburg as HC so I think Payton will at least keep Chiefs matchups competitive.

He has to make the wildcard seed in his first year without question. Making the playoffs as a low wildcard won’t be an issue. He’s going to have a lot of pressure to get past the divisional round so he won’t be viewed as an early playoff exit coach in recent history.

It is what it is. He didn’t want to coach here anymore and so he left. That was his decision and hard to be mad at him for it after the way he turned this organization around.

The rocky mountain way is in theory supposed to be better. Sean drunk the Joe Walsh koolaid. Word is that Wilson stuff is a bit skunky but it isn't to bad with a stout glass of d. We got a blue ribbon called pabst all chill in in the fridge we good.

He coached the Saints for 15 years. I wonder how many of the people who feel betrayed left multiple jobs in a 15 year span.
Leaving a job is no better big deal. How you leave is the question. I feel lie could have handled it better. He should not have signed the last contract. He did not leave us in good shape

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom