How Do You Feel About Sean Payton Now? (1 Viewer)

How Do You Feel About SP Now?

• I'm sad, end of an era. He'll always be my coach

Votes: 69 30.1%
  • I'm angry because he quit on us and then basked in the spotlight while teams wooed him

Votes: 29 12.7%
  • I feel betrayed but I'm thankful for what he did for the Saints and I wish him well

Votes: 44 19.2%
  • SP is dead to me. I'll be actively rooting against him hoping he crashes and burns

Votes: 22 9.6%
  • I'm just glad it's over. Whatever, I'm just focused on Saints football

Votes: 77 33.6%
  • I blame Loomis

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Tacos

Votes: 10 4.4%
  • Tacoes

Votes: 17 7.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Tacoes.

Time to move on. He's a top tier NFL coach but with some real flaws. Probably a bit over-rated, because offense doesn't win championships. A top top offense is a necessary, but not sufficient, condition to be in the hunt every year. And until he got Ireland and settled on Allen his handling of the defense and personnel was a disaster that squandered the best years of Brees.

The less control he will have in an organization and the more help he has in his areas of weakness, the better he will do, except that he seems like kind of a control freak...

Tacoes.

Time to move on. He's a top tier NFL coach but with some real flaws. Probably a bit over-rated, because offense doesn't win championships. A top top offense is a necessary, but not sufficient, condition to be in the hunt every year. And until he got Ireland and settled on Allen his handling of the defense and personnel was a disaster that squandered the best years of Brees.

The less control he will have in an organization and the more help he has in his areas of weakness, the better he will do, except that he seems like kind of a control freak...
He was "in the hunt" nearly every year he was coach. He went to the playoffs in 9 seasons, went 9-8 in the playoffs. That's "in the hunt."

I have no ill will, wish him success. I’ll be watching because I’m a fan.

Anyone who’s been at the same high stress job that long who says they don’t want a change of scenery is lying.

2 of the best coaches we've had quit. One quit because he was tired of losing, while the other quit because he didn't want to rebuild here.

Right, one quit because his conservative philosophy led him to the realization that it won't work over the long term without an all time NFL great defense....we now have the poor man's version of that coach as our HC....(there I said it)

The other, while far from perfect, brought us unprecedented success and had the complete opposite philosophy from the former.....and after 16 years here there should be zero expectation that he stay around for a "rebuild"....CSP owes the Saints fans.....nothing.....

He should not have signed the last contract. He did not leave us in good shape

Leaving while still under contract is what got us a 1st round draft pick and upgraded a 3rd to a 2nd. That's a whole lot better than if he had walked away when his contract was up and all we got were the memories. I don't know how this is even debatable.

May he never have to buy a drink, or pay for a dinner here in New Orleans. He will always be my coach, and he will always be held in high regard.

With that said, if Jeff Duncan’s story is true that Sean wanted to come back, but the organization didn’t want him back…If that's true, then there was some bad stuff going down before he stepped away

Leaving while still under contract is what got us a 1st round draft pick and upgraded a 3rd to a 2nd. That's a whole lot better than if he had walked away when his contract was up and all we got were the memories. I don't know how this is even debatable.
True but he still left us in bad shape.

IF it was our side thst was ready to move on

Then to heck with our incompetent FO for being atrocious

If it was because of the tb12 DB9 issue

Again to heck with our FO for being atrocious

If he wanted out... then f off for signing a contract and not honoring but thanks for everything

Right, one quit because his conservative philosophy led him to the realization that it won't work over the long term without an all time NFL great defense....we now have the poor man's version of that coach as our HC....(there I said it)

The other, while far from perfect, brought us unprecedented success and had the complete opposite philosophy from the former.....and after 16 years here there should be zero expectation that he stay around for a "rebuild"....CSP owes the Saints fans.....nothing.....
I get it. Some say he doesn't owe the franchise nothing since he turned them into a contender at one point. Others say he lasted longer than most coaches, which is true. The plain truth is that he quit because he didn't want to be here anymore. The elephant in the room is that a small market team such as New Orleans will have a difficult time retaining high profile figures. I'm sure he's going to be blown away by living in Denver compared to New Orleans.

I see people saying they are happy for Sean Payton and they will root for the Broncos now. I wish I could be that benevolent. That's like having your wife leave you and then rooting for her and her new boyfriend Dave. Just can't imagine it.

I get it. Some say he doesn't owe the franchise nothing since he turned them into a contender at one point. Others say he lasted longer than most coaches, which is true. The plain truth is that he quit because he didn't want to be here anymore. The elephant in the room is that a small market team such as New Orleans will have a difficult time retaining high profile figures. I'm sure he's going to be blown away by living in Denver compared to New Orleans.

I think you are missing the point.....the Saints were able to retain him multiple times over a 16 year period when HE WAS a high profile figure.....it's a weird hill to die on (not saying you are on this particular hill) but some folks are acting like he was leaving multiple times since like 2010.....it never happened but for them it somehow was a sign that he would eventually leave or something (after 16 years he finally did), it's twisted logic that makes little sense other than to be just an emotional response.....

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom