How Do You Feel About Sean Payton Now? (1 Viewer)

How Do You Feel About SP Now?

• I'm sad, end of an era. He'll always be my coach

Votes: 69 30.1%
  • I'm angry because he quit on us and then basked in the spotlight while teams wooed him

Votes: 29 12.7%
  • I feel betrayed but I'm thankful for what he did for the Saints and I wish him well

Votes: 44 19.2%
  • SP is dead to me. I'll be actively rooting against him hoping he crashes and burns

Votes: 22 9.6%
  • I'm just glad it's over. Whatever, I'm just focused on Saints football

Votes: 77 33.6%
  • I blame Loomis

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Tacos

Votes: 10 4.4%
  • Tacoes

Votes: 17 7.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm not one of these people that have to hate or love, sometimes it can be complicated.

I am forever thankful for what Sean did for our franchise. At this point, those are the only glory days we really have to hold on to.

I'll also never forget the condition he left this franchise in and how he quit on us. Sean is all about Sean, and sometimes the glory days cloud my vision. In the end, he didn't do right by this organization. Leaving is one thing, but leaving the way he did, is another. Had he and the Saints figured out a way to bring him back, I wouldn't have felt the same about him, so it's better that he's gone.

As for his post Saints career, I'll treat it like I treat it with players who leave. It's a non entity to me. Sean will be Sean and will either have great success or sacrafice Denver's franchise for his own good. Either way, it's not my problem.

It's just like any relationship. If she doesn't wind up dating your buddy (or in this case; coaching the panthers), you know it's over for you when you really don't care one way or another. If you're still P'd O, then it's not over for you. Doesn't really matter, because when she walked out, she'd already made up her mind that it was over for her.

It was about the start of camp last year that it was over for me. I just hoped we'd get something for him. Could we have gotten more? Would have been nice, but the shelf life was limited. If nobody pulled the trigger this year, we'd have gotten nothing for him.

I'm wondering how two "A personalities" (Payton and Elway) are going to work together. Could be interesting.

He left a year ago. Thankful for all for all he did. I've moved on. Don't really have any hard feelings about him leaving tbh.

I side with my feelings. Always have good or bad..

He straight up lied about being burnt . His words in that piece “ Its what I love to do “ Really? A year ago you were in the dumps. Something went down on Airline drive between him and the organization we haven’t been told yet.
I don’t like seeing him in that visor . I would be dishonest if I wished him success there. Because I don’t and hope it’s a massive failure.
He left my Saints in shambles.

He straight up lied about being burnt . His words in that piece “ Its what I love to do “ Really? A year ago you were in the dumps. Something went down on Airline drive between him and the organization we haven’t been told yet.
I don’t like seeing him in that visor . I would be dishonest if I wished him success there. Because I don’t and hope it’s a massive failure.
You do realize you can burn yourself out doing something you love. Especially after doing it year round for 15 years as HC. You can also get burned out or tired of working at the same place for a long time. Changing it up and changing jobs happens all the time. It's perfectly normal.

And he always said he wanted to return to coaching at some point. We all knew it was gonna happen sooner or later.

Sheet happens, coaches change teams, teams have highs and lows, players come and go. It's life in the NFL. We just need to move on and leave the past in the past.

You do realize you can burn yourself out doing something you love. Especially after doing it year round for 15 years as HC. You can also get burned out or tired of working at the same place for a long time. Changing it up and changing jobs happens all the time. It's perfectly normal.

And he always said he wanted to return to coaching at some point. We all knew it was gonna happen sooner or later.

Sheet happens, coaches change teams, teams have highs and lows, players come and go. It's life in the NFL. We just need to move on and leave the past in the past.
I feel ya brother . i really do. Like I said I side with my feelings.

I look around at the state of this team and get jaded. Its becoming clear to me that he left for greener pastures. He is also partially to blame for us being in purgatory with Allen. We are two years into falling into the abyss with no light at the end of the tunnel.

I’ll always love Payton. He was a great coach and gave us some of the most amazing moments we’ve all experienced as fans.

I’m eternally grateful to him and what he did for this franchise after Katrina.

Having said that… I gotta be honest it made my stomach tumble a little when I saw him in Broncos gear today on TV. It was like seeing your ex, whom you still care about, out and about and with a totally different vibe — and they looked happy. While you’re happy for them, it still kind of makes you want to puke a little.

He brought the Saints from being loveable losers to perennial Super Bowl contenders. He changed the culture and brought the George Halas and Lombardi Trophies to the Saints. He was good for the city, the team and the fans. He was instrumental in helping Drew Brees and many others succeed in their NFL careers. For these reasons and more, I will always appreciate and be grateful to him.

He stayed with the Saints 15 years. I can't fault him for wanting to take a break. I don't like seeing him coaching another team but it happens. It's over and I have accepted it. I won't like him like I used to but that's my prerogative.

Bye Sean. I wish you no ill will but I won't be rooting for you just the same.

I feel ya brother . i really do. Like I said I side with my feelings.

I look around at the state of this team and get jaded. Its becoming clear to me that he left for greener pastures. He is also partially to blame for us being in purgatory with Allen. We are two years into falling into the abyss with no light at the end of the tunnel.
Well, I do suspect the Allen experiment is going to be short lived. And hopefully the front office doesn't hold back if the team finishes at the bottom of the South. I do think they'll make a big change after the 23 season is over and get a new coach and a high draft pick in the 24 draft.

I'm not nearly as pessimistic as most. We'll get through it, and hopefully we'll see a new coach take the team to new heights in 2024 and beyond.

Nailed it. Something went south. I think it’s because Brees unretired after Sean convinced Brady to join. I think that created a major schism. Then Brees got destroyed and told winston it was his team. Someone said Payton was really P'Oed at Brees for doing that.

I’ll always love Payton. He was a great coach and gave us some of the most amazing moments we’ve all experienced as fans.

I’m eternally grateful to him and what he did for this franchise after Katrina.

Having said that… I gotta be honest it made my stomach tumble a little when I saw him in Broncos gear today on TV. It was like seeing your ex, whom you still care about, out and about and with a totally different vibe — and they looked happy. While you’re happy for them, it still kind of makes you want to puke a little.
Heck I still get emotional each time I fire up Madden and he’s not on the sidelines.
Nailed it. Something went south. I think it’s because Brees unretired after Sean convinced Brady to join. I think that created a major schism. Then Brees got destroyed and told winston it was his team. Someone said Payton was really P'Oed at Brees for doing that.
Wow! I’d never heard that.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom