How do you make your Thanksgiving turkey? (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Dry brine? Wet brine? How do you keep those turkey boobs moist and flavorful? That's the biggest challenge. I want flavor all up in my turkey. I'm prepared to do something days ahead of time this year to get that flavor all up in there.

What do you do? How do you cook it? I'll be limited to an oven so I appreciate oven recipes.

Brine it over night in a bucket (have to rearrange refrigerator shelves. Then just bake it in a bag. Think of you want the breast right you need to pay attention to how much it will continue to cook after you take it out. I’m a dark meat guy though.

Wet brine for 24 hours and then a dry rub with special seasonings for another 24 hours. On Thanksgiving morning, I wake up and get the smoker prepared with pecan logs and let the turkey smoke for 6-7 hours. Around 1:00 pm, the poor bird is attacked. There are typically no leftovers for sammiches or anything.

I started smoking turkeys 5 years ago and I’ve gotten compliments year after year. The breasts are always tender.

I'm going to be making the turkey for the first time this year.

My plan is a 24-hour wet brine, then a cajun butter rub under the skin and a butter blanket on top. Smoking in a Big Green Egg.

It's gonna be baller.
Yes, that is going to be $$$$$.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom