How do you make your Thanksgiving turkey? (1 Viewer)

Has anyone tried a Moe's (BBQ place) Turkey? I think I remember last year they were doing Thanksgiving turkey's.

I just put on my crockpot turkey. I watched tons of tutorials. Rubbed it down with olive oil. Created a mixture of softened butter, rosemary, thyme and crushed garlic. Separated the skin and created pockets to put the butter mixture between the skin and the meat. Laid it on a bed of onions and will let it cook till midnight or beyond.

When it's done, I'll use some of the juices to mix with flour and make a gravy.

I'll broil it in the oven tomorrow before serving to brown it. Hoping it comes out something like this. *crossing fingers*

I just put on my crockpot turkey. I watched tons of tutorials. Rubbed it down with olive oil. Created a mixture of softened butter, rosemary, thyme and crushed garlic. Separated the skin and created pockets to put the butter mixture between the skin and the meat. Laid it on a bed of onions and will let it cook till midnight or beyond.

When it's done, I'll use some of the juices to mix with flour and make a gravy.

I'll broil it in the oven tomorrow before serving to brown it. Hoping it comes out something like this. *crossing fingers*

Well, I dunno where I'm making my turkey but I'm gonna be at Kizzy's house hoping the turkey comes out like that, too. She had me at the olive oil rub down.

This year's turkey

Attachments

• 20211125_161008.jpg
    20211125_161008.jpg
    532.3 KB · Views: 2
  • 20211125_161027.jpg
    20211125_161027.jpg
    664.9 KB · Views: 1
  • 20211125_161042.jpg
    20211125_161042.jpg
    888.8 KB · Views: 1
  • 20211125_161056.jpg
    20211125_161056.jpg
    737.8 KB · Views: 2
  • 20211125_161112.jpg
    20211125_161112.jpg
    667.6 KB · Views: 2
I always smoke mine. Which is kinda hard. I still haven’t quite mastered rolling it into a blunt.

We did old school in the oven this year. Bird came from Walmart. Turned out awesome.

BYW…any new dishes or twist on old ones. My wife made stuffing muffins/cup cakes. Totally random reasoning and they turned out awesome.

Last edited:
my brother, smoked our turkey (i can't help but lol saying it), and honestly.. it tasted like turkey.

sorry, but turkey just isn't special. i'd rather a chicken breast. lol chicken boob.

ham > turkey

We did old school in the oven this year. Bird came from Walmart. Turned out awesome.

BYW…any new dishes or twist on old ones. My wife made stuffing muffins/cup cakes. Totally random reasoning and they turned out awesome.
He's talking about Muffin's Stuffin'

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom