How do you think TB feels about having to face the Saints instead of GB in round 2? (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
They probably are not very happy about it because they match up better against the packers and they would have had one more opportunity for the saints to get picked off before having to face us. The pack has got to be ecstatic not having to face the one team that curb stomped them back in Oct.

The Bucs are thrilled. This is their chance to prove the first two games were flukes and erase what happened in both.

That’s the part of this that does concern me a bit. We DO matchup really well. But we need to be just as motivated as they are to win on both sides of the line of scrimmage.

Last edited:
It's funny - I think both the Saints and Bucs are disappointed they are playing each other this week.

Bucs would feel more comfortable playing GB, given they beat them 38-10.

Saints would probably rather be playing Seattle with the Bucs likely to come after beating GB.

This divisional match up should have been the NFC title game. Any given Sunday (or Saturday) though.

I could care less how their team feels. The only thing that matters is how the boys in Black and Gold feel. We need to take a very aggressive, angry approach to this game and let all of the continuing doubt that we can possibly defeat Tommy's new team three times in a row fuel the motivational fire.

I could care less how their team feels. The only thing that matters is how the boys in Black and Gold feel. We need to take a very aggressive, angry approach to this game and let all of the continuing doubt that we can possibly defeat Tommy's new team three times in a row fuel the motivational fire.

Agreed.....Don't care how them, their fans, the media, dogs, cats...feel.

Go out there and beat them across their heads .....1500 for a knockout, 1000 for a cart-off respectively and i'm all good.

I think they’re hoping to avoid being in a compromising position and saying, “thank you sir, may I have another?”

:shrug:

The Bucs are thrilled. This is their chance to prove the first two games were flukes and erase what happened in both.

That’s the part of this that does concern me a bit. We DO matchup really well. But we need to be just as motivated as they are to win on both sides of the line of scrimmage.

Bucs will be extra motivated... it's not just a playoff game, but they would like to avenge the sweep. And they were smashed in the 2nd game.
Brady would like to get rid of the humiliation. Not sure where saints will generate that extra juice.

Bucs will be extra motivated... it's not just a playoff game, but they would like to avenge the sweep. And they were smashed in the 2nd game.
Brady would like to get rid of the humiliation. Not sure where saints will generate that extra juice.
From everyone on social media and TV picking the Bucs. Same as last time. Might even feel more disrespected this go around given the way they handled them last time, and i bet more people pick the Bucs than the Saints. I don't even think most Saints fans think they'll win, which is crazy to me, but Saints fans are kinda conditioned that way.

They knew they were likely to have to face both anyway. And they knew they had to travel regardless. Nothing much changed except the order from their perspective. From ours, we now have to face both instead of just the victor.

They probably are not very happy about it because they match up better against the packers and they would have had one more opportunity for the saints to get picked off before having to face us. The pack has got to be ecstatic not having to face the one team that curb stomped them back in Oct.

Not very happy. But that being said, we would be underdogs against GB too, no chance of a repeat of that freakish regular season blowout.

If Bucs had stiffed the WFT passing game and we'd finished up 31-10, I would be more hopeful for this one. But our young DBs have improved only from awful to ordinary this year, and our LBs aren't much better in coverage either. And Bowles schemes are way too soft. By contrast, NO looked good to me in all phases of defense against Bears.

I think we are likely good for 20-30 pts against a tough NO defense, even missing Cappa and (perhaps) Ronald Jones, and liable to give up 30-40 against NO offense (or even more). Since our last meltdown against NO, we've gotten better on offense, with AB integrated in and Brady more comfortable and protected, and Godwin closer to 100%, but NO defense scares me, I think they get to Brady even though WFT wasn't able to much.

I can't see this game being close, even with no crowd noise, unless we get a bunch of TOs like Browns did. We don't blitz as much now as we did earlier in the year, and we're not as good blitzing when we do. Having Devin White back will help, but not hugely.

If brees could just give us 3 of his best , most locked in games and everyone else lays it alllllllll on the line and gives it absolutely everything they have in them. We will be champs .

oCuTZR5.png

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom