How do you think this all ends with Drew and his incensed teammates? (1 Viewer)

What I can't understand though is why he refuses to understand when the players tell him that they are not protesting the flag and that their protest has never been about the flag. Kneeling during the anthem is NOT disrespecting the flag.

Why can’t the kneeling players understand that millions of Americans strongly disagree, and believe kneeling is disrespecting the flag and nation? Why is their opinion more valid than the opinion of others? Why can’t they understand that kneeling generates strong feelings in others too? How can they not understand that their actions may hurt the cause more than it helps?

Who has called for Drew to be replaced? Anyone on the team? Nationally?
I don't know how you misconstrued what I said as saying someone wants Drew replaced.

I'm just saying that the culture of today is to take you down, and this could happen to anyone.

Nah. It's a wrap. We will cheer for the Saints but that love we once had for Drew ain't coming back. This will certainly ease the transition to Hill. On another note, I pray that the Brees family is protecting their children from this.
You really can't be serious?

I don't know how you misconstrued what I said as saying someone wants Drew replaced.

I'm just saying that the culture of today is to take you down, and this could happen to anyone.

You said 'cancel culture.' That is a specific thing. It would mean ridding the Saints/NFL of Drew Brees' presence, which no one is suggesting should happen.

Why does Drew have to be the one to do this? Why doesn't everyone?

It is possible to oppose injustice AND be respectful during the national anthem.

This is so, so stupid.

Because he's the one who made the public statement. Where have you been?

Because he's the one who made the public statement. Where have you been?
Half the team has made public statements. A bunch of bums who are former Saints have also taken it upon themselves to weigh in, from Ken "Burnt Toast" Crawley to Donte' "DUI" Stallworth/pepper. Why should only Drew have to do the listening and changing?

Half the team has made public statements. A bunch of bums who are former Saints have also taken it upon themselves to weigh in, from Ken "Burnt Toast" Crawley to Donte' "DUI" Stallworth/pepper. Why should only Drew have to do the listening and changing?

Hmmm...let me fire up the ol' google machine and see if there's anything going on in America right now...

Why can’t the kneeling players understand that millions of Americans strongly disagree, and believe kneeling is disrespecting the flag and nation? Why is their opinion more valid than the opinion of others? Why can’t they understand that kneeling generates strong feelings in others too? How can they not understand that their actions may hurt the cause more than it helps?
Those people need to grow up and stop being offended.

Whoops, I forgot. The thing going on in America is that only one side's opinion matters.

Did you all get something in the mail? How does it work?

In the case of systemic racism in this country, I'm going to go ahead and say that, yes, only one side's opinion matters.

Did you all get something in the mail? How does it work?

In the case of systemic racism in this country, I'm going to go ahead and say that, yes, only one side's opinion matters.
And that's why we can't have an honest conversation. Anybody who dares disagree with your narrative supports "systemic racism."

And that's why we can't have an honest conversation. Anybody who dares disagree with your narrative supports "systemic racism."

No, I don't think you support it at all. I think you ignore it.

I think Drew doesn't realize its prevalence or he wouldn't have said what he did. His statement was imprudent, at best, and downright ignorant at worst. He has some fixing to do because he screwed up. As I've said elsewhere, I think he'll do the right thing because he is, at heart, a good person.

Why does Drew have to be the one to do this? Why doesn't everyone?

It is possible to oppose injustice AND be respectful during the national anthem.

This is so, so stupid.

Not according to black right activists...and you’re right, it is stupid and suppression of free speech.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom